Finally,got my new S3 today...

Very nice colour choice - and the bucket seats look great!

I wonder how comfortable they'll be on long journeys though? Do they have lumbar adjustment?

I'm getting increasingly jealous of all these new S3s appearing!!!

Nice one :thumbsup:

Am I the only one left who hasnt got one of these? :(

looks good though:icon_thumright:

I'll agree with everyones comments - it looks great, the seat are superb, looks gorgeous in white... and I haven't got one silver75... but I want one!:notme:

Stunning that mate, and like the others say, I'm getting twitchy now, I want one!!
Those seats are a MUST, they are VV Nice!!

Lee

what steering wheel is that?? I've not seen it on an S3 before. Would it fit another A3>?

Nice car by the way :icon_thumright:

cooky

Thanks guys!! I have been driving the whole afternoon, can´t help it :jump:

John Cook: It's the MFST from the RS4, you can have it in the S3.

C_Audiboy: No, the seats don't have lumbar support. I was a bit afraid the seats would be to extreme but now I realise I made the right choice. They are wonderful!

FreddieS3 said:
Thanks guys!! I have been driving the whole afternoon, can´t help it :jump:

C_Audiboy: No, the seats don't have lumbar support. I was a bit afraid the seats would be to extreme but now I realise I made the right choice. They are wonderful!

I pondered long and hard over the seats, eventually ordering them and am still nervous about my choice!

Can you confirm,
a) they are heated?
b) What adjustment there is,
i) seat base tilt (front or back)
ii) seat height adjust (does the front and back go up, or just the back - tipping you forwards a little)
iii) squab pull forward
iv) tilt back (usually standard)
c) that there is no side airbad on the seat but the curtain airbags in the car are present
d) how you get on with passengers in the back, as the leaver at the side only releases the top half of the seat forwards, but the grab handle under the seat I assume is needed to pull the seat forward to get rear passengers in the back.

Phew. Easy questions eh?!! :) :confused:

Some of the questions i just could not get easy answers too from Audi customer support, who are, erm, not usually the best informed. I did sit in an RS4 seat, but i understnad there are a few differences.

Fantastic interor and I love the steering wheel, I have one on order too! :arco:

stevec said:
Can you confirm,
a) they are heated?
b) What adjustment there is,
i) seat base tilt (front or back)
ii) seat height adjust (does the front and back go up, or just the back - tipping you forwards a little)
iii) squab pull forward
iv) tilt back (usually standard)
c) that there is no side airbad on the seat but the curtain airbags in the car are present
d) how you get on with passengers in the back, as the leaver at the side only releases the top half of the seat forwards, but the grab handle under the seat I assume is needed to pull the seat forward to get rear passengers in the back.

a = Yes, heated
i = No
ii = yes, will get back to you how the tipping directions is.
iii = Squad??? Don't know that word but I assume you mean front and back adjustment of the whole seat. in that case, yes.

The other questions I don't know. Will check it out tomorrow for u. Was so exicited to just drive today and did't make 100% adjustments to the seat. Haven't even tried to get in the back of the car.

Freddie,

Great pics! I'm so glad I've ordered the buckets seats now. They look awesome!!

Some good questions by steve though. Are you sure they don't have lumber support? When i ordered mine on Saturday I couldn't specify electronic lumber support. But at the price they are costing, I'd hope for manual lumber at least.

Al

whites definately the THE colour for the new S3. Good choice sir.

That looks amazing

I have to say I hate white and always said its best on a "Van or fridge door".
But that looks lovely....I take it all back.

I remember when my mate was going to buy a boxster in white and moaned like hell to him. Strange how some cars just suit colours...

Nice car

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

About the seats, the only adjustments I can find are

-seatback adjustments (whole seat forward or back)
-the hight (high/low) of the seat
-adjustment on the chair back

If you want to fold the seats u press a button in the neck protecktion hole. They seats don't come forward when you do this so first u have to pull the seat forward in order to get in the back.

Thats it.....

Yes v nice Freddie!

Do believe white and silver show the new S3 shape off best!

Another thumbs up from me, you must be very pleased with it!!!

I don't know if I'll be brave enough to order white if/when the time comes for me to place an order, but I must admit your pics have seriously swayed me!

Congrats mate, lovely car. :sm4:

ps you just need a bit of snow now, and then you can have a bit more fun!

FreddieS3 said:
a = Yes, heated
i = No
ii = yes, will get back to you how the tipping directions is.
iii = Squad??? Don't know that word but I assume you mean front and back adjustment of the whole seat. in that case, yes.

The Squab, not sure of the word in Swedish (an online check translated this into: käbbel, käbbla ?!??! :nyah: eek!)

Anyway, the squab is the bit on the front of the seat that can be extended forward (on the old S3 Recaros anyway) to support the underneath of your knee, the squab (section of the lower seat) moves around 5 cms or so forwards leaving an equivalent gap about 15 cms towards the back of the seat. Hope that's clear...

The Squab=Lårstöd(Swedish)=thighsupport.
The front of the seat=adjustable in length,right?

stevec said:
The Squab, not sure of the word in Swedish (an online check translated this into: käbbel, käbbla ?!??! :nyah: eek!)

Anyway, the squab is the bit on the front of the seat that can be extended forward (on the old S3 Recaros anyway) to support the underneath of your knee, the squab (section of the lower seat) moves around 5 cms or so forwards leaving an equivalent gap about 15 cms towards the back of the seat. Hope that's clear...

Aha, now I know what you mean. No squad support in the bucket seats.

Evotek said:
The Squab=Lårstöd(Swedish)=thighsupport.
The front of the seat=adjustable in length,right?

OK, tack. Trodde det var "lumbar support" men då måste lumbar vara svank stöd?

Tooks said:
ps you just need a bit of snow now, and then you can have a bit more fun!

More fun yes but thats after you find a white car in the snow! lol

Steve

Lumbar support=Svankstöd(Swedish)=Support for bottompart of the back.

Helt korrekt,FreddieS3:o.k:

Wow, looks so lush. Very jealous!

The only swedish phrase i know is 'Jag alskar dig'...which suprisingly comes in pretty useful ;)

I'm sure the photos dont do the car real justice. In real life I'm sure it looks even better.

On a slightly negative side, your seats look like the leather is creasing easily. I had problems on my old R32 and my MK2 TT had issues. Seems VAG are struggling to sort this.

Jonathan