Dolphin Grey Pics?

have look on auto trader usually loads of pics of cars for sale in any colour you want

Al,

If you PM your e mail address I can send you some, sorry I dont know how to post pics straight onto here. Take it you have to upload them to the net first.

Terry

A3_1.jpg

Someone on here picked up this one a couple of weeks ago.

Terry,

PM on its way.

Nelson,

Thanks for the pic.

I've always liked dolphin grey, and I'm not sure whether to stick with phantom black for my new S3 order, or whether to change it to dolphin grey.

AL

AL_B said:
I've always liked dolphin grey, and I'm not sure whether to stick with phantom black for my new S3 order, or whether to change it to dolphin grey.

AL

Stick with Phantom Black as it makes the car look superb (looks absolutely stuinning when the sun hits it!!).

It gets the same amount of dirt as other cars that are different in colour, but looks sooooo much nicer after a wash and you fall in love with the colour all over again. :hubbahubba:

I tended to buy silver cars previously, but decided that I didn't mind the black. I just wash my A3 more often that I did my other cars now to keep it looking nice.

5578171271be09fb43ebe215a886549bfc4486f2358f09f74c52fde0.jpg

Nelson_Wilbury said:

That would be me :yes:

There are a few more pics of mine here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=32289

My last car (Ibiza FR) was black, and it did look gorgeous when clean, but it shows up every mark, the slightest scratch and every stone chip. I know dirt will be just as obvious on pretty much any car, but I'm hoping stone chips and scratches won't be quite as noticeable on the grey.

alanjonesbath said:
That would be me :yes:

There are a few more pics of mine here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=32289

My last car (Ibiza FR) was black, and it did look gorgeous when clean, but it shows up every mark, the slightest scratch and every stone chip. I know dirt will be just as obvious on pretty much any car, but I'm hoping stone chips and scratches won't be quite as noticeable on the grey.

Just to say that Iv'e found the paint on my A3 tougher by one hell of a margin than my Mazda6 (silver) Impreza (silver) and Navara (Black).

6 months on and it hardly has a mark on it and I go on beaches with it with it getting covered in sand on occasions. I always pressure wash the car thoroughly to get the loose dirt off before attacking it with a soapy sponge ...... not 100% sure if that helps or not.

i will pop a pic up of my dolphin grey S3 tomorrow, still havent manged to give it a proper clean...

the dolphin grey makes the black look very ordinary :)

And were any of you Dolphin Grey 2.0T owners on the M5 southbound this afternoon, coming off at J6?

black is the worst colour you can get a car in - stick with the grey - personally i would nevr ever buy a second hand black car due to evry single little scratch and mark being extra visible - if you want a car to look nicer for longer stick with the grey i reckon - thats my choice too mines a dolphin grey when it comes in march. Black looks good on delivery date only.

The only thing with a dark colour is that the lower valance isn't shown off on the S3....

audis307_08.jpg

ok here it is:

I have added more pics in a new thread

IMG_0603.jpg

AL_B said:
Terry,

PM on its way.

Nelson,

Thanks for the pic.

AL

I like the Phantom black a lot but my last A3 was black and thought another black car would be boring so changed over to Dolphin Grey with a little uncertainty. I am glad I did as the Dolphin grey has grown on me a lot and I find it real easy to live with.

steve184 said:
black is the worst colour you can get a car in - stick with the grey - personally i would nevr ever buy a second hand black car due to evry single little scratch and mark being extra visible - if you want a car to look nicer for longer stick with the grey i reckon - thats my choice too mines a dolphin grey when it comes in march. Black looks good on delivery date only.

What a load of utter b0ll0x!! :lmfao:

If that really was the case, black cars would have stopped being bought years ago by people. Any dark car will show marks more, especially non metalics.

As I said above 6 months on and my cars paint finish still looks superb.

Must say I do like the 3-door A3's in white!! :rock:

is it heck ****** - it is a well known fact black is the worst colour for showing marks and dirt!!! even worse than white - that is a FACT.

AL_B said:
Hi,

Has anyone got any pics, or links to pics, of A3 S-lines or the new S3 in Dolpin Grey?

Cheers

AL

Have a look through the used car locator section on the audi.co.uk site HERE

The photos of actual vehicles for sale are 'high res'.

It may be the worst colour for showing marks and dirt but you didn't say that, you said "black is the worst colour you can get a car in" and "black looks good on delivery date only" :rolleyes: