42MPG in a 2TFSI Quattro!

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Went to see my parents today like i usually do on a Friday and driving there i averaged 41.6MPG!

The overall trip is 17miles, followed some slow traffic at around 50mph for most of the way there, used full throttle twice overtaking 2 slow vehicles and went through some stop and start traffic for around 5mins.

I usually get 38mpg ish for this trip but this time i got much more.

I know you aren't meant to rely on the trip computer too much but i was pretty impressed with that reading even if it is out by 2-3mpg!

:)

marriedblonde said:
Impressive but where's the fun in driving like a granny :)

well if i drove like a non granny then it would be utterly pointless as traffic was heavy so i wouldn't have got anywhere ;-)

I really don't think my DIS can display any number greater that something starting in 2....

d3fy said:
I really don't think my DIS can display any number greater that something starting in 2....

Mine can't either the highest ive seen on it is 29mpg over a 100 mile trip.

maybe mine is the lemon then LOL!

i am off to oxford from cheshire in a bit so it will be the first motorway run i will have with the remap so i will see what mpg i get and i will let you guys know, usually its around 32-3mpg @ 80mph on cruise.

40+ mpg is pretty damn good. My last 2.0 non-turbo car only saw around 34mpg.

Can't get near that with my 3.2, but coming back to Eastbourne from Southampton the other week, mostly down the M27/A27 at 80-uhoh, with about 10 miles of slower 40-60 single carriage and not too much stop-start I saw 32mpg. Only dropped to 29 in the last couple of miles of town traffic. The tail wind probably helped!

I wonder what your worst is compared to your best?

I had to rush home from the Gym the other night. Kept it on the boil all the way, avg was 11mpg over about 5 miles. :ermm:

My old 98 Polo 1.4 16v 100bhp got 38-40mpg! It's impossible that you got that much out of a 2.0TFSI!...

Is the FSI unit that good?

if it had have been a diesel would have been 55 probably!!

Emizino i my last car was a Mk4 Polo 16v and i never got more than 36mpg out of it but i don't think that you can use that fact to say that its impossible to get 42mpg out of a 2TFSI!

As Steve said in a diesel the mpg would be probably 55+!

The MPG hasn't changed since the remap, i got 32mpg on a 120trip on the motorway @ 80mph so thats about the same as before the remap.

My worst MPG was when i first got the remap and got 17mpg over 20miles!

I didn't think anything over 40mpg was possible :p

Most I got so far is 38mpg on a run to Glencoe during the summer, and I was trying....

I feel quite pleased if I get 42mpg on the way to work in my TDI quattro, in an TFSI that's a minor miracle. Last time I had a TFSI load car for the same journey to work it was 26mpg!!

Hi 30s are the norm these days, never get less than 420 from a tank :p

Xedos said:
Hi 30s are the norm these days, never get less than 420 from a tank :p

i don't think i could keep on getting 42mpg, it was just a journey that didn't really need that much throttle.