Remapping 2.0TDi 140

disco_stu01

disco_stu01
Reaction score
Hi there, looking to remap my 2.0TDi 140. Just wondering where the best place to go is for value for money, best performance etc. Live in Norfolk near Norwich so didn't want to travel too far. Does anyone have a rough price guide for what I'd be getting?

Thanks

I just remapped my 2.0TDI 140 today. I have no comparisons to other remaps, but I really recommend the Superchips Bluefin.

I live in Norway, and I ordered it on Wednesday on www.mybluefin.co.uk and it arrived today. Hooked it up to the diagnostics port and downloaded my cars map, then hooked it up to my pc, and sent it to superchips over in the UK. Got an answer back 1 hour later that my remap was ready for download. Installed it in about 3 mins after downloading the new map via the included software.

I'm very pleased to say the least! :thumbsup:

hehe, just visit the website. It's very easy to do. Just take some time and read the website

I think price is 599 incl VAT in the UK.

disco_stu01 said:
Also is it easy to put it back to the original mapping?

Yes, as easy as installing the remap. Just plug it in and the bluefin will guide you through it.

what about REVO? I am seriously considering getting my car done by REVO as many users on here have said good things about them. You can get a little box which allows you to change between the standard audi map and REVO map (convenient when car going back for service). I think it costs about £600 all in and you get about 185bhp. I dont know much about superchips bluefin. What is the usual bhp output post remap with superchips? Surely someone on here must know the results for the various remaps.

Cooky

Hi there,

I have used superchips with my 2.0 TDI 140, this was a standard remap done at superchips HQ in Buckingham (not bluefin as it wasn't available when I did mine). Cost me £450, but it could cost more now.

My power and torque outputs after the remap were 186bhp and 300ft/lb. It makes an amazing difference to the performance and driveability of the car. (you can give Golf GTI's a run for their money!!)
I don't regret it for a second. Mine can only be reverted back to standard tune by superchips (but I wouldn't want to). I have had my car serviced by Audi and they haven't detected anything. My car has run perfectly with the remap for over 18 months. Just go for it.

john_cook said:
I dont know much about superchips bluefin. What is the usual bhp output post remap with superchips? Surely someone on here must know the results for the various remaps.

Cooky
It should all be covered on their site www.mybluefin.co.uk... an A3 2.0TDI 140 wil be 185bhp afterwards.

Take a look at this review http://www.jepson.no/a3/bluefin.pdf
mybluefin.co.uk has an a3 page but that points to the Golf review, so i posted the one i got sent by superchips. I really agree with what is said in the article.

i am revoing my 140 sport at some time

i have never had a car remapped but from mates who have the revo seems to be the best quality map out there

there are obviously cheaper option but sometimes these can have draw backs which leaves you with a blown turbo or something and a large bill at the end :S

revo is £499 and brings power up to 185 bhp ad 300lb/ft of torque - well spent i say!

Hi I run the Revo dealership in Suffolk, but I work most days in Norwich, I run a remapped A3 Sportback DSG and I'll be happy to show you what it can do. Call or email from my website link if you're interested.

Bluefin, because then when you sell your car it can be back to standard in minutes :)

disco_stu01, there's a Superchips open day on the 2nd & 3rd of Feb which is being attended by a crowd from uk-mkivs:

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/734487.aspx

Why not pop down. You can talk to others who've had their cars done and also ask the Superchips guys any questions you may have.