Received my Bluefin, help with plugin

mjepson

Reaction score
For those of you who have used a bluefin before:

Do I have to remove the panel under the steering wheel to access the diagnostics port? There is a purple port just beside the hood lever on the left side, and it has the same amount of pins as the bluefin plug, but it won't fit.

It may be the plastic around which is blocking it, so I think i will have to remove the panel and connect it that way. Its a bummer because I was hoping to send it of to superchips today and hopefully receive the remap before the weekend :(

superchips was quick to reply:

Morning,

This sounds like the right one, there should only be one round there.
It may be a bit stiff to get in, but there only is one Europe wide OBD2 socket fitted to cars.

Regards,

Michael.

---

I will give it another go then...

yup it is the purple one which is visable, its not covered up or anything

its a bit stiff to get the connector on but once you get it on it will be easier next time.

Yep it was really stiff... but got it eventually :)

Sent of to superchips now :)

cool, enjoy the extra power and torque mate!

superchips don't take long to send you back the remap calibration!

listen out for the text message!!!

I remapped my TDI today, and compared to the 25€ tuning box i bought of ebay.de, it flies like hell :) Second gear makes the wheels spin from 2500-4000rpm, mostly because its wet today, but also because of the extra punch from the bluefin. After 20 mins of driving it today I am really satisfied.

On the highway gears 3-6 all had extra power, and you don't get the sensation that you loose power around 4000rpm, which i felt before.

Now I'll really have to watch out... :busted_cop: