Reasons to buy an S3

Andy101

Reaction score
Took my A4 Avant in for a service today where they had a drop dead black S3 in the showroom and I have fallen for it. The missus does not see it the same way as we are 'expecting' and sees the smaller S3 as impractical.

Any suggestions to assist with my persuasion will be most welcome !!

I tried the S3, S4, S6, S8 and the RS4 on the same day (S-Power Tour) and I liked the S3 more then the other cars. Why? Because it gives most joy when driving it! Of course much more power and space in the other cars but the extra weigth in them feels to much. I placed an order the same day.

Iv'e had 2 older ones and now on a metallic silver new version. The new one is actually bigger than the older one with quite a bit extra room in the back for babyseats etc...

Just tell her it has better crash protection than the A4 so the little one will be well protected in case of a crash!!

Just buy it!!! :keule: Who wears the trousers?

Seriously though tell her it has got extra air bags to protect the little one and loads of power to get you out of tight situations and how lovely the baby will look in daddies cool car.

Andy101 said:
Took my A4 Avant in for a service today where they had a drop dead black S3 in the showroom and I have fallen for it. The missus does not see it the same way as we are 'expecting' and sees the smaller S3 as impractical.

Any suggestions to assist with my persuasion will be most welcome !!
Just push the benefits of the ISOFIX option with her, and say you'll get the dealer to throw in a Recaro baby seat :)

Discussed the 3dr thing on tyresmoke a while ago. Think of the process of putting a baby into the seat in the rear......Open door, lean over to put the baby in, and then strap them in. Do this in the rain, and you'll be soaked. With the 3dr you can stand in the rear footwell , inside , not so wet.
So what did I do ? Bought a five door GTi ! Of course, I've got a second due anytime soon. So may be a little easier with five.

Chris.