More praise for Audi Assist!

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
I Noticed yesterday after starting my car that the Engine management light had come on.

Car seemed fine so I drove it home from work.

I was wondering when I would have the time to take it to the garage and thought, hang on.. I've got Audi Assist!

Gave them a call and they said it would be safe to drive to work (today) and that an engineer would visit me in work to fix the problem.

About 11:30 today, Audi Assist (Neil) turned up and diagnosed the problem (it was to do with the Throttle body housing area - motorised flap wasn't working). Apparrently this is quite common on the TDI's.

So he got a new one out of his Audi Allroad, swapped it over and went on his way! Now thats what I call service!

Really impressed!

when I called them i got an RAC man who knew absolutly nothing about Audis :mad:

This must be the very definition of optimism...
Praising the breakdown man when your car breaks...

Me too - I was just about to start another thread and saw this one.

Drove home in the rain last night and all was well, turned my wipers on when it started to rain going to work this morning and they simply didn't work.

Rang the local dealer (17 miles away) expecting to have to traipse all the way up there and they told me to ring Audi Assist.

Ian from Garstang turned up in his silver A4 just 90 mins later, diagnosed a failed wiper motor, fitted a brand new spare he had with him and left by 12:00 with everything fixed - all whilst the car was sat parked in the office car park and I got on with my normal day....

All in all, a very pleasurable experience....:eiertritt:

alfiejets - after fitting new wiper motor - have they refitted the plastic scuttle panel cover properly? on my last car it wouldnt sit flat to the windscreen in the end and left a big gap (mind you it had been off 6 times!) and the only remedy to this apparently is a new windscreen!!!

silver75 said:
when I called them i got an RAC man who knew absolutly nothing about Audis :mad:

Did you breakdown completely? In this case I would expect the RAC to come out and do the usual thing. I hadn't, I specifically told them that an engine warning light had come on and requested an "engineer" rather than recovery.

Iv'e have nothing but praise for them when I used them a few times on my old S3.

Would I have Audi Assist? Got my car 3 months ago 2nd hand (Approved Audi) form the local Audi stealers?

I think I remembe them telling me I do...

dickys3 said:
Did you breakdown completely? In this case I would expect the RAC to come out and do the usual thing. I hadn't, I specifically told them that an engine warning light had come on and requested an "engineer" rather than recovery.

nope just had the usual 8L problem drivers door not locking properly/DIS saying its still open

ahaydock said:
Would I have Audi Assist? Got my car 3 months ago 2nd hand (Approved Audi) form the local Audi stealers?

I think I remembe them telling me I do...

I bought mine from the dealers (Audi Approved) and got 1 yr warranty and 1yr Audi Assist.

So you probably have the same.

ahaydock

Yes you will have it. Every used approved Audi comes with a years warranty and a years roadside assist.

All cars get at least two years Audi Assist from the date of registration, plus an extra third year, as long as you've had it serviced to schedule.

All of that is transferrable from owner to owner....

It's all in the documentation.....

(I've rung the dealer today. They can find no technical paperwork to say that the "upgraded" wiper motor loses the service mode so I need to book it in for them to look at it... I'll check the scuttle panel fit in the morning.....)