What colour is the genuine Audi screenwash please?

I'll take a stab at pink.
I dunno why,something in the back of my mind.

Bought two 1 litre bottles this morning and it's Blue. Part No: 00A 096 320 006. Bottle is black and silver plastic and has Original Screenwash -70C as the title. Also has the Audi 4-ring logo and the word Audi in Red on the bottle. Not cheap but I find it more effect than most - £3.80 per litre bottle.

Boooo...
The cheap stuff I use is blue too.
I wonder if that means Audi wouldn't drain it for me during a service,whether I want them to or not ?

Precisely why I'm asking Bowfer!

The Misses has a 4 litre bottle of pre-mixed blue stuff from Wilkinson that seems to work fine and is cheap. My Sportback is due in for a service in the next month so if I refill with that hopefully I won't get charged for some new expensive stuff. (doesn't get so cold down here on the south coast!)

It's the genuine G12 Plus coolant that is pink, I had to buy some recently.

cdb2 said:
It's the genuine G12 Plus coolant that is pink, I had to buy some recently.

That'll be why my wipers have melted then !

****** main dealers and screen wash!!! :keule:

When I had my Impreza ............

Came back from holiday which was a long drive and the washer bottle ran out. When I got home I topped it up with my normal FLO GREEN washer fluid to the brim.

I'd forgotton but the next day it was in for its 12k service.

The wife dropped it off and picked it up again. When at home she noticed a 3/4 empty 1litre bottle of DEEP PURPLE screen wash, checked the invoice and they'd charged us £5 + ****** VAT!!

I got home and checked the washer bottle reservoir and it was still brimmed with FLO GREEN fluid. :mad:

I went straight to the dealer, saw the service manager and asked to see the mechanic straight away. He asked why, and I asked if the mechanic could confirm that he topped up the washer bottle. Away he goes, comes back and says yes it was done and the remains of the bottle were left in the car.

I then got REALLY got the hump and started ranting for the mechanic to come and show me where in the feck he'd poured it as it sure as hell wasn't in the washer reservoir as it was still full to the brim of my FLO GREEN fluid and they were welcome to check for themselves.
Faces went red and people started shuffling, I asked what else they had charged me for and done and was it company practice to decieve customers and charge for work/parts not done?

After a making a huge scene I got an apology and amoney knocked off. It wasn't the sum of money but the blatent lies and going as far as giving me a 3/4 empty bottle of fluid to back up the deception.

I sold the car after a few months as the dealers were appalling and the car quite a disapointment.

Sorry for the rant!!:whistle2:

I actually work for a company who make screenwash and we can dye it any colour you want - within reason so that it matches your car - anal I know but some people like that sort of thing. Its very big in the VW scene for shows and things.

Anyway, its actually very good and we sell 5L of concentrate for £7.95 which makes 25L of Ready for use Screenwash any colour you desire - free plug!