Most popular aftermarket accessories?

giblets46

Reaction score
Just wondering what after market accessories people had brought for their Audis.
At a guess I would say Satnav systems, but what other things have you deemed to be necessary or superior to Audi componenets have you added yourselves?

Anything not the norm or maybe that I would never have thought of the better!

fitted floormats. got mine from ebay, look exactly the same as audi ones but half the price. they have lasted well too.

iPod link is my fave aftermarket accessory so far. also got a bluetooth kit for my phone fitted and am on the lookout for a sat nav unit now. aren't toys great! :happy:

The only non-Audi aftermarket accessory I've added is Philips Blue Vision sidelights to try and match my Xenons! :)

However, although not quite the same thing, I have retrofitted some options from new - like 17" Star alloys, RNS-E sat nav and a rear sunblind. All for a fraction of the cost new.

Only thing I've bought for the car since I got it is a pair of rear floor mats from the dealer for the grand total of £16 quid.

I have uprated (Philips Vision Plus) headlight bulbs plus a Brodit cradle for an iPAQ PDA (with Sat-Nav software) and a RoadPilot MicroGo GPS Speed Camera unit. I also have Rear Carpet Mats but these came as part of the deal for the car.

The Brodit cradle and the MicroGo will be transferred to my new Sportback when it arrives in March but the bulbs will not be necessary as the new one will have Bi-Xenon headlights.

Ooh I tell a fib, I also bought an Audi first aid kit which I obviously transplanted from the old car to the new.

this is what i have planned for my A3

ICE:

Becker Grand Prix Head unit
Becker Ipod link
Focal Kp2 components
Audio Control EQL
Genesis Amps
Diamond Sub

Interior:

GTI pedals
Audi mats
Aluminium Trim
S-Line steering wheel
Arm rest
Light pack

Exterior:

Vortex kit (reiger front lip instead of audi one)
HID kit
18" rims of some sort - still deciding, prob go for OEM
Eibach or KW coilovers
Possibly change front to facelift

Engine:

Revo Remap
Miltek exhaust system
Colour coded engine bay

Thats what I would like to do but not 100% on everything - as you may have guessed I am well into my cars and don't worry the A3 will not be ruined!

Garmin Nuvi 310 sat nav with bluetooth hands free - easy setup & works brilliantly!

h5djr said:
I have uprated (Philips Vision Plus) headlight bulbs

Having had my 170 for 2 months during the depths of winter my only regret is being too tight fisted and narrow minded to pay 600 quid for the xenons. The standard headlights have to be the worst I've ever had. They are total @!*p. All these high tech standard safety features yet they forget that the most important safety feature is to be able to see where you are going!

What do you reckon to the Philips Vision Plus and where did you buy them?

Thx

To answer the question... only bought mats but about to add bulbs

What do you reckon to the Philips Vision Plus and where did you buy them?

I bought mine at www.powerbulbs.co.uk. Excellent quick service.

Personally I think they make a big difference to the standard headlights. I've had them on all 4 of my A3s and have always been very pleased with the result.

Thanks Dave thats a great steer.

Think I may go for the Phillips Extreme Power bulb (80% extra). Just hope it doesn't melt the plastic housing!

Anyone else used them?

Will let you know how they perform..