EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Most popular aftermarket accessories?

Just wondering what after market accessories people had brought for their Audis.
    At a guess I would say Satnav systems, but what other things have you deemed to be necessary or superior to Audi componenets have you added yourselves?

Anything not the norm or maybe that I would never have thought of the better!
    Any spelling/ grammatical errors are there purely to annoy!

A4 2.0TDI (143) S-Line Quartz Grey

2. # ADS
    ADS

S6 avant

Status
    fitted floormats. got mine from ebay, look exactly the same as audi ones but half the price. they have lasted well too.
    2000 s6 avant, special order met, green, satnav, Bose, tv, solar roof, privacy glass, recaro silver nappa.

1st Gear

Status
    iPod link is my fave aftermarket accessory so far. also got a bluetooth kit for my phone fitted and am on the lookout for a sat nav unit now. aren't toys great!
    A3 2.0TDi Sport DSG. Metallic Silver, Black Alcantara Interior, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Light/Rain Sensors, BOSE, Cruise Control, Front Centre Armrest, Full Votex Kit.

Status
    For me it would have to be alloys, suspension, satnav.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Satnav, iPod adapter & Revo DAB radio.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Status
    The only non-Audi aftermarket accessory I've added is Philips Blue Vision sidelights to try and match my Xenons!

However, although not quite the same thing, I have retrofitted some options from new - like 17" Star alloys, RNS-E sat nav and a rear sunblind. All for a fraction of the cost new.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

6th Gear

Status
    Only thing I've bought for the car since I got it is a pair of rear floor mats from the dealer for the grand total of £16 quid.

I have uprated (Philips Vision Plus) headlight bulbs plus a Brodit cradle for an iPAQ PDA (with Sat-Nav software) and a RoadPilot MicroGo GPS Speed Camera unit. I also have Rear Carpet Mats but these came as part of the deal for the car.

The Brodit cradle and the MicroGo will be transferred to my new Sportback when it arrives in March but the bulbs will not be necessary as the new one will have Bi-Xenon headlights.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    Ooh I tell a fib, I also bought an Audi first aid kit which I obviously transplanted from the old car to the new.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962
    Revo DAB radio.
    Tell me more please...

Any pics?
    A3 2.0TDi Sport, Mauritius Blue, Xenons, Black Leather/Alcantara, BOSE, Heated Seats, Parking Sensors, Light/Rain Sensor Pack, Interior Light Pack, Armrests.

Lots of pictures and information at www.revo.co.uk
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Boydie
    this is what i have planned for my A3

ICE:

Becker Grand Prix Head unit
    Becker Ipod link
    Focal Kp2 components
    Audio Control EQL
    Genesis Amps
    Diamond Sub

Interior:

GTI pedals
    Audi mats
    Aluminium Trim
    S-Line steering wheel
    Arm rest
    Light pack

Exterior:

Vortex kit (reiger front lip instead of audi one)
    HID kit
    18" rims of some sort - still deciding, prob go for OEM
    Eibach or KW coilovers
    Possibly change front to facelift

Engine:

Revo Remap
    Miltek exhaust system
    Colour coded engine bay

Thats what I would like to do but not 100% on everything - as you may have guessed I am well into my cars and don't worry the A3 will not be ruined!

Neutral

Status
    Garmin Nuvi 310 sat nav with bluetooth hands free - easy setup & works brilliantly!
    rowansbank
    2005 A3 Sport 3.2 Quattro DSG S-line Lava Grey

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaydock
    Tell me more please...

Any pics?
    Here's the thread I posted about the install, with pics, and have updated since:

Revo DAB

I've decided to keep it is it is, running through the FM modulator. I love this product.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr
    I have uprated (Philips Vision Plus) headlight bulbs
    Having had my 170 for 2 months during the depths of winter my only regret is being too tight fisted and narrow minded to pay 600 quid for the xenons. The standard headlights have to be the worst I've ever had. They are total @!*p. All these high tech standard safety features yet they forget that the most important safety feature is to be able to see where you are going!

What do you reckon to the Philips Vision Plus and where did you buy them?

Thx

To answer the question... only bought mats but about to add bulbs
    Last edited by roadrunner; 11th January 2007 at 23:07.

What do you reckon to the Philips Vision Plus and where did you buy them?
    I bought mine at www.powerbulbs.co.uk. Excellent quick service.

Personally I think they make a big difference to the standard headlights. I've had them on all 4 of my A3s and have always been very pleased with the result.
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Dave thats a great steer.

Think I may go for the Phillips Extreme Power bulb (80% extra). Just hope it doesn't melt the plastic housing!

Anyone else used them?

Will let you know how they perform..