A3 DIS display

steve184

Reaction score
Didn't realise this but has anyone noticed the A4's have a funkier more modern display for the DIS info than the A3????? Never thought it looked dated until i saw the one in the A4!

Gotta be a change coming soon - whats the betting that this is something that changes when 2008 model year starts......

First question is are you referring to the colour DIS in the A4? If so then I've heard there are plans to introduce a colour one to the A3.

Second question is are you comparing it to the "old" or "new" DIS in the A3?

Third question is what exactly makes it "funkier"? :)

hi i picked my A3 up on the weekend the car is a 2007 model
and has got the latest DIS system 2x computer 1x Settings/Controls menu and digital speed readout....

My friend has a A4 and the Latest A3 version is a lot better, A4 is colour but no where near as many functions as mine.....

I wonder if older A3s with DIS can in some way upgrade to the newer DIS - that would cool. Same with colour DIS. I know from the navplus.us forum that one or two A4 owners have retrofitted it. I think it's a bit involved, but it then begs the question as to whether you could bolt it into an A3 too.

as far as i know the display is exactly the same as the old DIS only diffrence being actually functions and menus within??.

I just think the more graphical and colourful nature of the DIS in the A4 just looks more moderna and up to date