Just picked up the S3

JohnS3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just picked up the S3. Just my luck it's been raining all day!!

Here's a few pictures for you. I'll post some more when it stops raining!!

IMG_1.jpg

IMG_2.jpg

IMG_3.jpg

I't not a shortwheelbase version, the forum has squashed the pics. :confused:

Definetly looks good in Silver, but then all my A3s have been silver so I would say that. But even though Silver is my colour of choice I can appreciate cars in other colours but yours definetly looks very smart and slightly understated - just as any A3 should be.

I think it's obvious why they choose to have the promo pics car in silver, looks good. Still not enough to convince me though :)

John you are in goo company, I pick mine up in silver on Wed!!

I looked at alot of colours and definately think that the new style S3 looks best in silver. It shows all the lines of the bodywork off best and even makes the smaller arches look a bit closer to the bigger ones on the previous version.

The darker colours tend to loose the shape and lines

C_Audiboy said:
I agree.

I've not had a test drive - and to be honest that's deliberate because from what I've been hearing it'll grow on me even more!

Yea but it would have to be REALLY SPECIAL in order for you to hand over your 55 plate A3 and around £12-13k or whatever it would cost to get an S3.

That's pretty much why I cancelled, it boiled down to the looks and the cost.

mark88 said:
Yea but it would have to be REALLY SPECIAL in order for you to hand over your 55 plate A3 and around £12-13k or whatever it would cost to get an S3.

That's pretty much why I cancelled, it boiled down to the looks and the cost.

Yeah, I'm in exactly the same boat. Even if I drive it and love it, I'm not stupid enough to loose a fortune on my 55 2.0TQ.

Just not the right time for me. And, I'm saving for a Porsche :)

But if it was the right time - who knows? I could be like the lucky folk just taking delivery :thumbsup:

Good luck to ya all and I'll be looking forward to some 'S3 roadtests' over the coming months.

Looks great that John, have fun :icon_thumright:

Hi

In the process of odering my S3 and colour is the final hurdle. I am torn between Siler met, Phantom Black, or Dolphin Grey. Any chance you could send me a few more pics of the car in the daylight as at the moment I have chosen the Silver but not quite sure

best regards

Adrian

,,thanks...opted for the Phantom Black. Build week 10....8 and counting!!!!