Brake Fluid Service ?

A3_TOBES

Reaction score
My dealer has told me the service book does not get stampted when a Brake Fluid service is carried out, can anyone confirm this?

I can see a tick box for additional 2 year work carried out. Is this only ticked when work is carried out as part of another service? or should this be ticked with a stamp for the brake service if carried out on its own?

Also the manual says this service is preferably carried out with a main service if possible, why do they say this ?

cheers in advance

Hi, i had my brake service done last month and asked the same question but got the same reply as you,there is no place in the service schedule book for this stamp i think there should be,
they say it should be done at the same time as a main service because of the long life oil service should be about 2 years however my main service was done in the summer and the brake fluid service was done at the end of last year.
Cheers
Andy

The first service on my Sportback coincided with its second birthday, so I also had the brake fluid change done at the same time (£78 inc. VAT). Like Andy, I don't recall any extra stamps in the service book, but in any case, I always keep invoices with service records so I can prove to a future customer or dealer that the work was carried out.

I would also add that after having had the brake fluid changed, the braking power was much sharper with more feel so don't avoid getting it done!

Andy Shipton said:
they say it should be done at the same time as a main service because of the long life oil service should be about 2 years

IMO its pointless of Audi saying that as the AVS is as it says in its description "variable" and the Brake Fluid service is at a timed interval.

It would be nice to have something in the service book to say its been done. I gather as long as its been done either separatly or at the same time as another service thats the main thing.

benw123 said:
The first service on my Sportback coincided with its second birthday, so I also had the brake fluid change done at the same time (£78 inc. VAT). Like Andy, I don't recall any extra stamps in the service book, but in any case, I always keep invoices with service records so I can prove to a future customer or dealer that the work was carried out.

I would also add that after having had the brake fluid changed, the braking power was much sharper with more feel so don't avoid getting it done!

Did you not get the "additional work - every 2 years" (think thats what its called in the service bok ?) ticked ? or is that only relevant for if you had a Fixed service?

arthurfuxake said:
I had mine stamped in the back of the service book, there are some places there for extra work stamps

Thats very interesting, is this section meant for a stamp for this service or did you ask for one?

I'm very interested in hearing if this is what most people have had done when they had a Brake Fluid Service carried out?

thanks in advance

Nothing extra stamped in my book for this. It was done as part of my first AVS variable service at 17 months old and is on the receipt, but only the main service box has been stamped...

alfiejts said:
Nothing extra stamped in my book for this. It was done as part of my first AVS variable service at 17 months old and is on the receipt, but only the main service box has been stamped...

Was the extra 2 years work box ticked with the main service stamped?

A3_TOBES said:
Thats very interesting, is this section meant for a stamp for this service or did you ask for one?

I'm very interested in hearing if this is what most people have had done when they had a Brake Fluid Service carried out?

thanks in advance

I specifically requested it. It's near the back of the service book, I think its titled "Workshop Comments" or something like that, it's just before the "Bodywork Repairs" section.

Yes they ticked the "every two years" box under "Additional Items" in the service book entry.....

Cheers for the replies, have many others had their brake fluid service done independantly of the AVS service ?

A3_TOBES said:
Cheers for the replies, have many others had their brake fluid service done independantly of the AVS service ?

Anyone else ?

neil.c said:
It will cost more (or should) if carried out independently of the service

Ok, cheers for that Neil.c. I really just wanted to know whether other people who have had their brake fluid service done by a maindealer, but not done as part of a main service have had their service book stamped or updated anywhere?

Anyone add any more?