EM TuningChris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S3 remapping

5th Gear

Status
    just got an email from MTM UK, the remap comes with a 2 year guarantee, so I will be getting it done in Feb. Its Ł850+VAT for 310bhp

Roll on tomorrow and roll on feb

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Is this approved by Audi then because I heard a rumour they were....

Would rather it is the money I have just spent on my new one!!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

6th Gear

Status
    I have just got the new Audi Drivers magazine through the post and it has an article about remaps for the S3, superchips has got a bluefin remap for the new S3.

power increase from 265PS to 306PS

and

torque increase from 349Nm to 382Nm@3180RPM.

hope that helps

hud at ye bam

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by klauster
    just got an email from MTM UK, the remap comes with a 2 year guarantee, so I will be getting it done in Feb. Its Ł850+VAT for 310bhp

Roll on tomorrow and roll on feb
    Not sure where you're located, but give Jim at Star a call (01592 655595). He's already getting 290-300bhp out of the new Seat Leon with the same engine (smaller turbo).

Oh, and he does remaps on behalf of Audi UK. Tuner of the Year for a reason.
    [/sarcasm]

6th Gear

Status
    Does this S3 hit 60 in 2nd ?
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

5th Gear

Status
    Well if superchips are getting 306hp it will be very interesting to see what the proper tuners yield.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3
    Is this approved by Audi then because I heard a rumour they were....

Would rather it is the money I have just spent on my new one!!
    Bloody hell, you don't hang about James, how did you get it so fast? I had an extended drive in Dec from the demo car and was generally impressed!

Vroom Vroom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3
    Not sure where you're located, but give Jim at Star a call (01592 655595). He's already getting 290-300bhp out of the new Seat Leon with the same engine (smaller turbo).

Oh, and he does remaps on behalf of Audi UK. Tuner of the Year for a reason.
    What do you mean on behalf of Audi? Does this mean that the dealers send cars to Jim to be remapped? If this is the case I'd assume the warranty would still be honoured......... interesting!!!

I had my S3 remapped and a few other bits done by Jim, I wouldn't hesitate going back again its just the whole warranty thing putting me off at the moment. If he's 'approved' by Audi in some sort of way that would be the ********!!!
    -------------------------

987 Boxster 2.7 (05) - Current
    A3 2.0T Quattro S-Line (55) - gone
    S3 Quattro (02) - gone

hud at ye bam

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Audiboy
    What do you mean on behalf of Audi? Does this mean that the dealers send cars to Jim to be remapped? If this is the case I'd assume the warranty would still be honoured......... interesting!!!

I had my S3 remapped and a few other bits done by Jim, I wouldn't hesitate going back again its just the whole warranty thing putting me off at the moment. If he's 'approved' by Audi in some sort of way that would be the ********!!!
    Yeah, there's a few dealerships that send cars to Jim on behalf of their customers.

The warranty will depend on the dealership and their attitude. Also whether or not the remap had a detrimental effect on the part that's broken. The maps that Jim uses are all TUV approved so there should be no issue.
    [/sarcasm]

6th Gear

Status
    Nervus

I managed to get a cancelled order so beat the waiting list and build dates etc...
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

Vroom Vroom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3
    Yeah, there's a few dealerships that send cars to Jim on behalf of their customers.

The warranty will depend on the dealership and their attitude. Also whether or not the remap had a detrimental effect on the part that's broken. The maps that Jim uses are all TUV approved so there should be no issue.
    Excellent Chris, do you happen to know which dealerships???

987 Boxster 2.7 (05) - Current
    A3 2.0T Quattro S-Line (55) - gone
    S3 Quattro (02) - gone

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3
    Nervus

I managed to get a cancelled order so beat the waiting list and build dates etc...

Pictures???

Learning to fly 3D

Status
    A little know dealer target is the number of warranty claims against the number of new vehicles registered. Think of it like how much of Audis money does the dealer spend. A good (as far as the manufacture is concerned) sell a lot of cars, but spend little on warranty work. Therefore it’s in the dealers interest to spot that chip, and save audi the expense of replacing that very expensive gearbox.

It explains how at one dealership a warranty claim will be brushed aside with a “they all do that” and at another, where they have not spent too much you get a different story.

So in the case of dealers sending customers cars to a tuner I suspect the dealer will reserve this luxury to its own new car customer base.

I have been around the car trade tooo long

Chris.

hud at ye bam

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Audiboy
    Excellent Chris, do you happen to know which dealerships???
    To be honest, I'm not too sure. Everytime we talk about remaping etc, it's usually when I'm picking my car up so the excitement gets to me and I stop paying attention. He was talking about Lommond Audi on Wednesday.
    [/sarcasm]

5th Gear

Status
    Where are Star based?

ALL Audi dealers are independant, so any issues with warranty can be sorted by letting your feet do the talking. Servicing work and customer relationships go along way in influencing your future car purchases.... obviously dealers know this, hence you will find some better then others

Im not too concerned with Audi dealers kicking up a fuss if something goes wrong, in my experience with VW (and several dealers) they actually find the remaps very cool and have never ever mentioned the fact the warranty is now no longer honored.

My car arrived at 9am this morning (i fecking love it!) the guy who delivered it discussed the warranty with me, surely if Audi had a huge problem with remaps and warranty work, there would be something in writing somewhere....? Or is there?

Still gonna map it in Feb, just deciding who to book it in with...

Ill post some pics once I have cleaned it properly.... Audi just dont know how to wash cars properly :D

6th Gear

Status
    yeah get some pics up of the S3 mate

also i would strongly reccomend the bluefin, its so simple to use and you have the advantage of being able to go back to standard map whenever you like, ie, for servicing etc and then put the remap back in when you want to.

so convient!

Neutral

Status
    Hi Guys

Ive had a 2002 s3 8l for about 8 months now, and i drive about 220 miles a week, and its costing me ÂŁ50 per week on fuel. Im not a racer, dont really put my foot down, its cruse control on at 69/70 mph the whole way. My trip computer says im averaging around 30 mpg, and i know they are not completely accurate, but I do know that I would like to get en ECONOMY style remap. Yes I understand ill get more power, and its easier to use up fuel, but for day to day driving ive heared figures of 20% better fuel economy? and i want to know how accurate is that statement?

If anyone knows anything about remaps, and can give me some more info on economy, and a price for remap, it would be much appreciated.

Anton

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Anton,

unfortunately the economy gains from a remap you mention are applicable to diesel cars, and not petrol. There is a very minimal gain to be had with a petrol car, and won't offset the cost of the remap. Is your car an 8L or 8P? You are posting in 8P room

I can give you a cost of a remap depending on what car you have but we are quite a way away in Manchester.

Rick
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    ​www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12