Door

pav767

Reaction score
My door hinge pin has broken off!! Great news hey!! Just had the RAC(Audi Assistance) out and they said it will have to go in the garage for a new door. Long process according to the tech. Just my luck hey....go to see my girlfriend, open the door to get out and woooooshhhhhhh the wind blows the door more or less right off. My a cracking sound everytime i open it now. Will ring the stealership in the morning. Will this be covered by warranty? I'm real dissapointed in this, i thought audi had a strong build on their cars. Used happen to me always in my corsa and nothing ever went wrong on that!!

I'd be surprised if this is covered by warranty tbh as it's not a defective part or unusual wear, it was damaged by the door being forcibly opened too far by the sounds of things.

Strong as the door hinges are (I've tested the limit a few times), the doors are big and heavy (especially on the 3-door, is that what yours is?) and you need to be careful opening them in strong winds.

Had this on my van, the wind just blew it back and bent all the pins. Lucky it was on the company insurance.

yeh i guess this is more an insurance claim rather than a warranty claim... its an accident at the end of the day not a fault

well according to audi this will be covered by warranty. the service lady said so herself. well cars going in tomorrow so will find out and let you guys know.

you guys were right....insurance job. but i'm going to pay cash for it.