well i hope everyone in the audi factory are paying attention in build week 4!!

steve184

Reaction score
...cos thats when my new motor comes to life! ... and pls pls pls make the wipers work properly this time!!!!!

I'm just stunned they manage to put together each car with all the right options as there's so many of the damn things I doubt any two cars are the same.

I wrote a list of all the things to check for when I picked mine up, i.e. the easiest way of identifying each option was present, and the list was about 20 lines long. I was actually surprised (pleasantly) when they were all there, even the GSM phone prep which was added at the 11th hour - so late in fact that they had to ring the factory and it pushed the build back one week :)

I'm sure it will all be fine - presumably you're getting it delivered on March 1st on an 07 plate?

When I had a factory tour a few years ago, soon after they started production the the 8P, I was impressed by the way they are actually put together. On the final assembly line, computers control the way each car's components arrive at the line. Going down the line can be both 3-door and 5-door, different colours, different engines, different options and for different markets, LHD and RHD, all at the same time. The chap who was showing us round did say that when the line first starts up with a new model some very strange cars can be built but it soon gets sorted before any cars are released for sale. He also said the actual line workers work in teams and take great pride in the quality standards produced by their team.

1st or march???? no chance! i've given explicit instructions that i don't want my car to be rushed through pdi and valeting on a day when they have another 50 cars to do..

told them a few days oafter when the rush dies down!

No definitely week 4 - mine's being built then as well.