Audi 2003-2005 3 door facelift grill/bumper

mjepson

Reaction score
This looks interesting

http://www.lltek.com/PRS_bin/PRS_100_A3_2door_mod.htm

prs100_hflgrill_a3_mod.jpg

As it's about the 8L A3, perhaps it would be a good idea to post a copy in the 8L forum.

well no as its clearly not an 8L is it??

Looks good & very interesting to, us with the pre facelift model.
Wish i delayed buying my car for a few months or got the sportback.
Wasnt sure about the large grill at first, but i think thats because i dont have one.
Now i want one.

i had to find an extra couple of grand to fund my fetish for the new style grille when i was looking at buying the A3, i couldn't have an A3 without the new grille as it just looks sooooooooooooooo good!

well no as its clearly not an 8L is it??

No your right - only looked at the title on the picture.

I hope their workmanship is better than their knowledge of A3s !

RobinA3 said:
i had to find an extra couple of grand to fund my fetish for the new style grille when i was looking at buying the A3, i couldn't have an A3 without the new grille as it just looks sooooooooooooooo good!
What did you get?

I thought you needed to change the hood aswell if you wanted to get the new grill to fit... am i wrong?

These's grills are designed for the pre-facelift front end.

Has anyone put crome strips vertically on a facelift grill?

When I saw this pic

A3SLine.jpg

from the audi site I thought it had crome strips below the number plate. It looks awesome! Incidently this was before the S3 pics came out

mjepson said:
I thought you needed to change the hood aswell if you wanted to get the new grill to fit... am i wrong?
You do to fit an original new-style grille as it's narrower than the original grille.

The Hofele one is designed to get around this. If you look closely you can see a "filling" panel between the chrome grille surround and the leading edge of the bonnet. This clearly demonstrates how the new grille is narrower than the original bonnet - without this filling bit it wouldn't fit.

even though the hofele is the closest looking bumper i still dont like it

the chrome doesnt match up with the bonnet, doesnt look a great fit and the side vents look wrong

you would probably find it cheaper to source a used bonnet and bumper

why wont the new s3 bumper fit the new s-line?