Im getting an A3!

Usmaan_A3

Racing Driver
Reaction score
Website
www.mughalmotorsport.tk
Im pretty excited, got enough monies together for a 2.0 Tdi 140 in black and having thought about it extensively, im going to go for a sport...from what ive read the SE is a bit roly poly when you push on

One question I have, whats the largest diameter rims I can put on it? I dont want to ruin the ride either, any advice?

Usmaan :blackrs4:

Actually, if you search some of the posts here there's little in it between the Sport and SE. The Sport is only a few milimetres lower and the ride is a touch firmer, but I found the SE leans on its tyres a bit more and it corners surprisingly hard.

The main difference is specification - this is what tends to split most buyers' preferences.

welcome

the SE is for the 'older' driver me thinks

if you could stretch to a S-Line that would be better as they look better with the sporty bumpers and interior.

wheel wise most of the S-Lines run 18's and some run 19's

if you are worried about the ride quality then stay with the standard wheels or get a SE.

Go for 18' unless you drive in silky smooth roads. I do not plan to upgrade my S3 to 19's..

Have fun
Pedro

18s and go for the S-Line, even if it means waiting a bit. I think then you will get 18's as std!

Usmaan_A3 said:
Im pretty excited, got enough monies together for a 2.0 Tdi 140 in black and having thought about it extensively, im going to go for a sport...from what ive read the SE is a bit roly poly when you push on

One question I have, whats the largest diameter rims I can put on it? I dont want to ruin the ride either, any advice?

Usmaan :blackrs4:

Excellent choice! 189"s will fit with ease but as others have said it's the ride quality that suffers and of course the price of tyres jumps up considerably with the 19"s. 18"s offer the perfect compromise in my mind.

J.

Technically, still a student! But am racing in the "easykart UK championship" and have raced in the British University Karting Championship. Am just trying to secure a budget together for Formula Palmer Audi in 2008 hopefully! F Renault will need a cash injection from a much larger company so thats on hold, but FPA is not a bad entry for my first single seater championship