EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Racing Driver

Status

Cool Im getting an A3!

Im pretty excited, got enough monies together for a 2.0 Tdi 140 in black and having thought about it extensively, im going to go for a sport...from what ive read the SE is a bit roly poly when you push on

One question I have, whats the largest diameter rims I can put on it? I dont want to ruin the ride either, any advice?

Usmaan

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Actually, if you search some of the posts here there's little in it between the Sport and SE. The Sport is only a few milimetres lower and the ride is a touch firmer, but I found the SE leans on its tyres a bit more and it corners surprisingly hard.

The main difference is specification - this is what tends to split most buyers' preferences.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

6th Gear

Status
    welcome

the SE is for the 'older' driver me thinks

if you could stretch to a S-Line that would be better as they look better with the sporty bumpers and interior.

wheel wise most of the S-Lines run 18's and some run 19's

if you are worried about the ride quality then stay with the standard wheels or get a SE.

5th Gear

Status
    18" are hard, 19" will put you into hospital. Your call.
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

windsurfer

Status
    Go for 18' unless you drive in silky smooth roads. I do not plan to upgrade my S3 to 19's..

Have fun
    Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

1st Gear

Status
    18s and go for the S-Line, even if it means waiting a bit. I think then you will get 18's as std!
    A3 2.0TDi Sport, Mauritius Blue, Xenons, Black Leather/Alcantara, BOSE, Heated Seats, Parking Sensors, Light/Rain Sensor Pack, Interior Light Pack, Armrests.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Usmaan_A3
    Im pretty excited, got enough monies together for a 2.0 Tdi 140 in black and having thought about it extensively, im going to go for a sport...from what ive read the SE is a bit roly poly when you push on

One question I have, whats the largest diameter rims I can put on it? I dont want to ruin the ride either, any advice?

Usmaan
    Excellent choice! 189"s will fit with ease but as others have said it's the ride quality that suffers and of course the price of tyres jumps up considerably with the 19"s. 18"s offer the perfect compromise in my mind.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Usmaan you reckon your a racing driver, what do you race mate?

Jason
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

Racing Driver

Status
    Technically, still a student! But am racing in the "easykart UK championship" and have raced in the British University Karting Championship. Am just trying to secure a budget together for Formula Palmer Audi in 2008 hopefully! F Renault will need a cash injection from a much larger company so thats on hold, but FPA is not a bad entry for my first single seater championship