Sportback Owner's Manual

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Can any of you guys with a new A3 2.0TDI-170 Sportback look on the back cover of your Owner's Manual and tell me the date and part number that are printed in the botton Left hand corner.

I am trying to obtain one to read before I get my new car in March and the dealer's parts department seem to be having trouble tracking down the correct part number. The only one they can find at the moment says 'englisch 5.05' with a part number of 261.561.8PA.20 which is a little out of date as it does'nt even mention the 170 engine.

Many thanks.

Sorry buddy, although mine is only 6 months old, the owners manual has the same part number as you describe above.

Mine's a 3-door rather than a sportback but my manual has this on the back:

Audi A3
Owner's Manual
englisch 11.2006
272.561.8P1.20

It does indeed have details of the 170PS engine (125kW) on pages 324 and 325.

The full engine list is as below. I note the S3's engine is missing so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a separate manual for that.

Petrol:
75kW (102PS) / 148Nm (1.6)
85kW (115PS) / 155Nm (1.6 FSI)
110kW (150PS) / 200Nm (2.0 FSI)
118kW (160PS) / 250Nm (1.8 TFSI)
147kW (200PS) / 280Nm (2.0 TFSI)
184kW (250PS) / 320Nm (3.2 V6)

Diesel:
77kW (105PS) / 250Nm (1.9 TDI)
100kW (136PS) / 320Nm (??? - says "some export markets")
103kW (140PS) / 320Nm (2.0 TDI)
120kW (163PS) / 350Nm (??? - says "some export markets")
125kW (170PS) / 350Nm (2.0 TDI 170)

Thanks for that information guys. It may be than Audi have updated the 3-door manual with all the latest 'goodies' but not the Sportback manual.

I have also just found a site on the internet for Audi in the US and Canada (www.audi.ddsltd.com) where you can order Owner's Manuals or any other literature for almost any Audi Model that is sold over there. And the Owners Manual for the Sportback (the 3-door is not sold in the US) can be had for just $10.00 and the part number is WSA 271 561 8PA.23. Interestingly it's available in Canada English and US English. Could make for some interesting translation!

I can't believe for a second that they've updated the 3-door manual but not the Sportback, there's just no logic to that at all - they'd do them together, surely?

MattS's car is 6 months old so that would be the reason his has the old manual with no mention of the new engines. Sounds to me like your dealer is just hopeless at finding the part. I'd quote them the one from mine to see if they can find that then see if they can find/extrapolate the Sportback version of it. If that fails give Audi Customer Services a ring and ask them.

PS. In the interim, if there are any specific bits of info you're after I can certainly look them up for you.

According to the list they were looking at the one I quoted was the only one listed for a Sportback from 2006 onwards. Perhaps it not yet listed as a part. The guy in Parts is going to phone Audi Technical at Milton Keynes to see if they can throw any light on the subject.

I suppose if the guy really had his head screwed on, he could get the keys of a brand new Sportback in their new car compound and go and have a look! Perhaps if I get no joy I'll offer to do it for him.

Mine was actually built on April 28th and I got it on June 12th. So it looks like minewas a mid model year.

I can't believe for a second that they've updated the 3-door manual but not the Sportback, there's just no logic to that at all - they'd do them together, surely?

Unfortunately that appears to be exactly what Audi have done. I sent an enquiry to Audi Customer Services and their reply confirms that the latest Owner's Manual for the A3 Sportback is 05/2006 whilst the latest for the 3-door A3 is 11/2006. Very strange, especially as the 05/2006 Sportback manual does not cover a lot of the standard items now on the car including the 170hp engine.

I think I may order a copy of the 11/2006 3-door manual, after all there's probably less difference between a 2007 MY 3-door and a 2007 MY Sportback than there is between a 2007 MY Sportback and a 5/2006 manual.

hi , picked my 2007 A3 Sportback up on saturday...

here what my owners manual says....

Audi A3 Sportback
Owners Manual
englisch 11.2006
272.561.8PA.20

hope this helps you out........

Well as the part number differs from mine by only a single digit/character and the date of 11/2006 is also the same, that has to be the Sportback version of my manual. Go for it Dave!

With the Parts Manager making further enquires with Audi UK it seems that, whilst there's is newer version available with new cars it cannot yet be ordered as a part. However my salesman has said he would be quite happy to take one out of a new car that has been delivered for me to borrow for a few days to have a read and to scan any pages if I want to. So this is what I am going to do, probably tomorrow.

I have even had a email reply from Audi Customer Services saying that the latest Owner's Manual for the A3 Sportback is 05/2006, so perhaps I'll reply and update them as well.

This forum is obviously a better source of up to date information that even Audi CS! Thanks for your help guys.

h5djr said:
With the Parts Manager making further enquires with Audi UK it seems that, whilst there's is newer version available with new cars it cannot yet be ordered as a part. However my salesman has said he would be quite happy to take one out of a new car that has been delivered for me to borrow for a few days to have a read and to scan any pages if I want to. So this is what I am going to do, probably tomorrow.

Huntingdon Audi? Better not be the manual that's to be supplied with my new Sportback that I'm picking up tomorrow!

I want a shiny new manual, not one that's already been fingered by someone else... oo'er.. :laugh:

Seriously though.... if you don't manage to get to the dealers, I'd be happy to photocopy any parts of the manual if you like and stick them in the post to you.

Galewis - What time are you picking up your new car - I'll look out for it. What colour is it and which salesman have you been dealing with?

If I borrow a manual it will be from one of the cars still in their compound at the top of the road, next to the building by the side of their showroom/workshop. Which ever one it is I'll treat it with the greatest care.

By the way have you heard they are having a brand new service building built on the land other the other side of the road as you turn in to their car park. The workshop bays in the existing building will all become part of the main showroom area.

I'm picking it up at 3.00pm tomorrow. It's an S-Line Sportback TDI170 in Ibis White with the 20-Spoke alloys. The salesman is called Lee Stubbings or Stebbings....

Good news about the expansion at Vindis Huntingdon. I'm actually in Peterborough, but chose Vindis because I heard such good things about them. Not heard anything about Peterborough Audi, good, bad or in between.

I'll definitely be getting all my servicing done with Vindis.

I will probably be there sometime in the morning so I'll look out for your car. The salesmans name is Lee Stubbings. I've being buying my cars from Lee for the past 10 years. Great guy who knows his Audis.

Thanks for your offer in connection with the manual. Enjoy your new Sportback. Hopefully 7 weeks today I'll be collecting my new 170 Sportback.

I have just bought a 2010 S3 Sportback. Does anyone have the part number for the manual that goes with that?

It doesn't appear to have a part number but you may find something on here :-

Audi A3 owners manual items - Get great deals on Audi items on eBay UK!

The A3 and S3 manuals are the same as far as I'm aware.
You must have something different Mike, cos it does have a part number :-

Audi S3 Sportback
Owner's Manual
englisch O5.2010
111.561.8PS.20

I've also got the Quick Reference Guide ( A3 & S3 ) :-

Audi A3, A3 Sportback
Audi S3, S3 Sportback
Kurzanleitung
englisch 11.2009

Ah - yes I do have something different !

I have a 2006 model and the manual does not have any references on it at all !!

Thanks for the info. Yaks

My Guide
Audi A3 Sportback
Owner's Manual
English 11.2010
112.561.8PA.20

Received auto 11/2010 year