Acoustic Parking System, Part numbers?

loki

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm across the pond in the US and just picked up an A3 3.2 Sportback. We want to install a park distance system (it's not available as an option in the US) and was wondering if anyone in the UK could help look up some part numbers for me via something similar to the BMW/Mini ETK disc. We're looking for the rear bumper made for the Acoustic Parking System (that has the holes) and the actual components for it (sensor plugs, wiring, audio emitter, etc).

Does Audi have something similar to the ETK disc that you can run on your home PC? If anyone can help look up the numbers or point me in the direction of an Audi ETK image I can download , it'd be much appreciate.

Cheers :beerchug:

Ho loki.

Yes I have a copy of the Audi ETKA parts catalogue software. I have looked at the parking sensor page and made a PDF file which you can access HERE

Copies of the ETKA software can usually be found on eBay.

If for any reason you cannot read the PDF properly or need any further information, PM me and I will do what I can.

whats the cost to retrofit this ?

Thanks for the PDF h5djr, from the looks of it, the schematic looks like it's for the 3-door hatch, is there one available for the 5-door sportback or does this cover both cars and just show one type? Also, do you have a page for a 2006 A3 3.2 Sportback? I can't find a VIN match for part #1 and not sure if it's because the search is based on a 2007.

mikep, does it fit into the bumper itself or the lower black portion? From the schematic h5djr posted it looks like it fits into the latter.

Thanks for all the help!:icon_thumright:

The schematic is the only one shown in the catalogue so I assume it covers both 3 and 5 door models and the actual paking aid parts are the same. The bumper covers are different between different models, for example if it has single or twin exhaust pipes, but no mention of different covers between the 3-door and 5-door.

On my 2004 A3 2.0TDT 3-door the actual sensors are in the main upper bumper cover and painted to match the cover colour.

HERE is a picture showing the factory fitted sensors in the rear bumper of my A3.

Thanks guys, I guess I'm trying to find which version of part #1 I'm suppose to use, I'm guess since my VIN is: 8P-6A091 000

It would be 8P0 919 283 A? :shrug:

Also, if you guys know any good Audi dealerships over there that can get these parts at a decent price and ship them over here to me, please post leads! :)

Cheers:beerchug:

mikep said:
The holes for the sensors are already marked on the rear bumper, I had a system retro fitted and the fitters had no trouble placing them.
Mike, I assume the markings for the holes are on the inside of the bumper? What do they look like?

Does it look good when the parking sensors are retrofitted on a A3?

I didn't get the sensors when I bought my car and would like to retrofit them now. The only problem is that in most cars I don't like the way parking sensors look. Ugly protruding black things. They can really spoil the look of a car. The factory fitted sensors on an Audi are quite good though. They are flush and the same colour as the bumper. If you get them retrofitted, do they look the same as factory fitted or would I end up with the bulky black thingies?

The Audi sensors when you retrofit come in black and need to be painted to match. There are eBay auctions for Park Distance systems that will color code to your car but then you're dealing with a non-OEM system so integration may be another issue.

I'm going to keep all the documents h5djr was kind enough to PDF as "Plan B" and I'm going to give the Taurus T123 system a shot because it's an easy install and non-invasive.

Just placed an order from the UK so once it comes across the pond and I have it installed, I'll post pics.

Stay tuned...:footy: