A3 - Colours?

MrC

Reaction score
My heart is set on a TFSI in the new year and I want to pcik the right colour. Have to say the A3 S Line special edition with the Murcielago type chunks out of the front damper looks fantastic - especially in Ibis White (storm trooper-esque) How rare are white ones right now?

A bit of help required here - can anyone tell me what colour type the A3 featured in this review is? I've a feeling its Lava Grey but looking on the Audi website the Lava Grey pics seem darker.

This colour looks almost solid in appearance - RAF Grey.

Thanks in advance

1116652040.jpg

1116652171.jpg

11166521193.jpg

Looks like Dolphin Grey to me, look in the sticky thread at the top where all the guys post pics of their cars.

Lava Grey can look almost dark brown in some lights.

You could email the publication, they should be able to confirm.

Yep, that's dolphin grey.

Lava grey is metallic brown.

And white is very nice.

Put it like this, I've never seen a white A3 on the road, ever!

Vertigo1 said:

Was so tempted to order White for the S3 (especially saving £500) would imagine it would look the dogs, but didn't have the balls in the end. Used to have a white Metro Turbo many many years ago and that looked cool (for the time :ninja: ). Imprezas look the dogs in white also but they are less of a mainstream car. White is coming back though!!:yahoo:

yeh dolphin grey - just like mine will be in march!

I can't recall ever seing a white A3 on the road either, but I did see one in a dealers new car compound the other day. I asked if I could see a car fitted with the new Symphony III and their took me to see this white A3 Sport. I must admit it did absolutely nothing for me. Most other colours there looked OK even if they would not have been my choice, but white - no thank you.

I have only ever owned one white car in my life and that was an original Mini - white with a red plastic interior - OK at the time but that was 40 years ago. It was even the car I went away on my honeymoon to Cornwall in.

My white sportback TDI 170 will be with me in a couple of weeks.

i think white is on the comeback for sure

it looks great on the Mk5 Golf GTI and i think it looks great on the A3 Sline like A3simons, be a bitch to keep clean but like black when it is clean it looks GREAT!

i would say that the colour i'd go for if i had the option would be the misano red!