New Member, New Car ordered.. Wheel Q's

cjp2k

Reaction score
Hi guys, Just been to Audi Tyneside and placed a Order for a New A3 Sportback 140 TDI, with quite a few options, :thumbsup:

Anyway, its a "sport" and I am not to keen on the wheels to be honest. Dealer is placing the order with Audi UK on Wed/Thurs when they get back to work, basically the salesman said there was only one choice of wheel, the rest were upgraded and more£££. I quite like the "5-spoke Star" design which says its a no cost option... is this still the case with the apparent spec change??

Also I have been quoted 3rd week in march for delivery. I want it asap (after march first) Much chance of it apearing quicker?

Anyway thats enough... heres the spec of my car :happy:

2.0 TDI (140) Sportback - Sport
Xenons
Interor Light Pack
Rain and Light Sensors
Front Arm Rest
Flat Tyre warning
Metalic Silver
Multi Function Steering wheel
Park Sensors (For my mum and girlfriend if either of them drive it :banghead: )

And they matched Drive the deals price too...

Anyway thanks for reading and hope to be around for a while!!

Chris

Hiya Chris and congrats on the new car, sounds like a nice spec! :o.k:

Welcome to the forum mate and nice to see another uk-mkiv'er turning to the Audi side lol! :)

Welcome! I have the 5 stars on mine (and yes I believe they are still free), and must admit I really want to upgrade to a new set and probably 18's. Wheels can really make a difference to the way the car looks.

Did you talk prices with the Stealer? The 5 arm 18" design that is standard on the S-Line's is only a £400ish upgrade. Well worth it IMO. There are also other designs for a similar price if you want something different like the multi-spokes which are less common.

Obviously if you dont want OEM then you will need to look elsewhere, but they will cost more and you will have to pay for the tyres as well, where as at the moment tyres are in the price.

Thanks yeah, making the switch... Went to look at a Golf GT... asked them to match drive the deal.. was told no.

Rang round audi (closet one said not a chance.. Audi Tyneside (about 30miles away) said come in and lets have a chat).. Took in my quote and within 5mins had a deposit down as they matched it.. So no doubt will have VW ringing me up constantly trying to sell me a car!!

I cant wait, gonna go out have a few beers to celebrate... and its my girlfriends 21st today.. All in all not a bad day :yes:

Sounds like a good deal you got mate, i'm only 3 weeks into my 1st Audi myself after 2 MK4's and a MK5 GTI, i got offered a shocking px for the GTI at VW against another GTI in my chosen spec, popped into Audi and the did me a fantastic deal and the whole dealer expierience was a cut above my last 5 years as a VW owner...
Fingers crossed it continues lol! :)

IIRC, you've got a MKV FSi at present, did you just get bored of it lol!

Dont ask.... My mum crashed the thing :aggressive:

But I was thinking of changing as I was getting bored of it to be honest... But with the new job and money saved in my new car fund I decided to sod it and go get an A3!!

My cars been in the bodyshop for nearly 3 months... (6k of damage and they couldnt get it straight!!) and as soon as I get it back... its been traded in for a focus for me to drive round in till the audi arrives them my mum to drive round in... shes getting rid of her lease car and wanted her "own"

****** hell another one:icon_thumright:
Really pleased for yeah Chris... Well done matey.

Eeek!! Keep your mum away from the A3 lol!!!:laugh:

I'm really really happy with mine mate, imo definately a step up in the right direction from the MKV that i had previously, bet you can't wait eh? :racer:

Yeah trust me... she wont be driving it much lol.

Yeah step up IMO. Would of loved an S-Line... but didnt want to strugle to pay for a car!! But still not a bad car for a 22 year old :)

Well according to the current price list, all of these wheels are no-cost options on the Sport:

7.5J x 17 ‘16-spoke’ design
7.5J x 17 ‘5-arm Sport’ design
7.5J x 17 ‘5-arm’ Parabolic design
7.5J x 17 ‘5-spoke Star’ design
7.5J x 17 ‘9-spoke’ design

i don't like the new sport wheels so i went for the sline 18's on mine - due march 07

Vertigo1 said:
Well according to the current price list, all of these wheels are no-cost options on the Sport:

7.5J x 17 ‘16-spoke’ design
7.5J x 17 ‘5-arm Sport’ design
7.5J x 17 ‘5-arm’ Parabolic design
7.5J x 17 ‘5-spoke Star’ design
7.5J x 17 ‘9-spoke’ design

Go for the ones that look the easiest to wash

Believe me when its FREEZING cold outside spending 10mins on washing a single wheel which has 2 million spokes is NOT nice!

Bring back the good old wheel trims!

RobinA3 said:
Believe me when its FREEZING cold outside spending 10mins on washing a single wheel which has 2 million spokes is NOT nice!
Well you ordered the wheels with 4 times as many spokes as the standard ones you numpty! :p :)

Looks like the boys from UK-mkiv's are starting to take over :)

Welcome to the forum mate, looks like a nice car your getting there.

I tried to buy a new VW a couploe of monrhs ago and the dealer was only willing to over a couploe of hundred quid discount. Cheaky sods I have bought a fair few new cars from them and given them oter sales from friends and collegues...

J.

Yeah its a full scale take over!!

I am gonna try and get the 5spoke star wheels on thursday, Going back to audi to take a sportback on a days test drive to make sure it fits in the garage etc etc....

Its only been a day and I am wanting delivery NOW! These next few months are really going to drag... espeially when I am driving a meriva curtosy car :rolleyes:

Chris

10 mins on a 16 spoke wheel??? i used to spend this on each wheel on my old sport with the easy peasy to clean old sport wheels!!!! you obviously dont clean them very well!!!!!

Well I got the wheels changed to the 5spoke star wheels so am happy now. Cars just been ordered, let the wait continue :(