Front Grill Mods?

grebowski

Reaction score
This is my first proper post, so please be gentle!!
I've been having a trawl though old posts and saw this photo of an A3 with a modified front grill it looks to have an ABT badge does anyone have any info on it?
My car has the earlier front end like this, but the modified grill gives it the newer look.
Thanks in advance.

Grebowski.

nuv.jpg

It looks the same as this mod i bought on ebay.de

I haven't fitted it yet, because i am not sure i like the way the extension is raised above the rest of the grill edge.

ebay

Thanks for the info, I assume the ABT kit replaces the centre section of the grill, my car is black so I think the just two silver strips may do the trick.
But the Oettinger front end with bumper looks fantastic, but I'm guessing its not cheap though!!!

TDI-line said:
Don't forget the Oettinger one...

4138.jpeg

wow i like that bumper!!

looks very very nice!

the ABT one is nice but the fog light surround is not as nice as the current s-line design

d3fy said:
yeah but Eeef i think you only get the chrome strips!
Looks like it!

If you only get the strips it wont look right though, as the older grille has chrome strips around the top and botton parts.

I'll have a 2006 S-line front bumper/grille complete forsale sometime in Jan,depends when my new S3 grille comes,its on backorder at the moment.

lmk

Audi005.jpg

Was looking for between £250-£300 complete.Thats the bumper,grille and fogs.

lmk

I've been looking at photos of the earlier front end, I'm fairly sure the leading edge of the bonnet on the 2006 front end is different, the egde where it meets the grille looks like its more curved, does anyone know if the front bumper and grille is a straight swap without changing the bonnet?

the front bumper on the face lifted A3 will not fit onto the pre facelift A3

Do a search on this as there have been quite alot of posts discussing this subject.

Ive got the Ottenger kit on my car and I waited 9 months as mine was the first one in Europe at the time there may be more out there now but the front bumper is fortunes my Audi dealer in Edinburgh loves the conversion I also hae thre first set of black style LED lights from In-Pro I had the prototype set for testing but they let in water so we have just replaced them and the new ones are fine and they look good
If any one wants to explain how to upload the photos I can show you all

They look fantastic! but i'm not sure if they'll look good on a black A3... what do ulot think...

Or alternatively use a ISP that gives you a free homepage where you can upload anything you like. That's the method I use for the PDF files that I often provide from the workshop manual and parts catalogue.

If anyone wants to see the pictures of my car go to Pistonheads web site and look for the words stunning Ottenger A3 and you can see them