Getting rid of the Egg Yolk Effect

Can I just check that you're suggesting taking the wheel off, then the arch liner just to change the front indicator bulb?

If so there's no need to do that at all. You just turn to full lock to give you room, remove about 3 of the screws and put your hand through.

That's the proceedure given in the workshop manual but I know most people do just as your suggesting. Personally I've never had to change one of the bulbs in either of the 8Ps I've owned - so far so good!!

That's the proceedure given in the workshop manual but I know most people do just as your suggesting. Personally I've never had to change one of the bulbs in either of the 8Ps I've owned - so far so good!!

****** that! But I guess they can't exactly put in the instructions:

"Next, squeeze your hand through between the gap. it may hurt but it's a lot easier than the proper method"

But shorly you can take a wheel off. Whats happens if you get a puncture? The wheel arch liner is only held in place by a few screws.

Yes Dave I can change a wheel :lmfao: And changing a wheel in order to get mobile again is well within the realms of reasonable. But taking it off, and the arch liner, to change a ****** bulb, just seems a bit daft to me :think:

Oh well, least it's not a Megane. I've witnessed a bulb change on a recent model...not pretty.

If you can do the near side one and your hand fits then the off side one with a bit of jiggery and pokery can be done fairly easy.

I have quite large hands and managed it, I really didn't want to have to take the wheel off, or the wheel lining - agreed that its a complete pain in the proverbial though.

Good luck guys

Oh well, least it's not a Megane. I've witnessed a bulb change on a recent model...not pretty.

Yup, done front dip light bulbs on one. Put it on the ramp, managed without removing wheels to remove the two covers to get access. You cant see what your doing, just have to feel about :whistle2:

The customer wasnt happy we charged them half hours labour, thought we would do it for nothing LOL (they supplied the bulbs)

Yes Dave I can change a wheel :lmfao: And changing a wheel in order to get mobile again is well within the realms of reasonable. But taking it off, and the arch liner, to change a ****** bulb, just seems a bit daft to me :think:

Perhaps you should have bought a BMW. I understand indicators are optional on BMWs so you would never have to change the bulbs.

I suppose the other way would be to to have nice screws in the outside of the lens to remove it, like they did before someone decided to make lights look nice rather than be purely functional.

On the army trucks I used to drive when I was in the TA the indicator and rear light lenses used to just unscrew. Not very pretty though.

It's entirely possible to a) not have screws on the outside of the lights, and b) at the same time not have to take half the car apart to get a bulb out :laugh:

Like, say, hmmm...almost every other car in the world :laugh: