wheel studs for new style RS4 reps

willnabby

RS-one day soon!!
Reaction score
Hi, has any one fitted the new style RS4 reps with your original studs or are longer ones needed? ive got the wheels but my car dosen't arrive till the end of jan so i tried them on a mates 05 A3 sport because i was worried about the 35 offset ( they seem ok but couldn't be out any futher) and the studs were to short, but potn.com where i bought them say to use OE studs, so wonderd what any of you lot had done? any help appreciated.
CHEERS.

Be carefull as the original audi alloys use a radius seat to the stud,and most after market wheels use tapered seat.
I know mine are like this anyway.

If your struggling for the studs lmk and I can source you some from where I work.

Thanks, i may have to take you up on that offer, I don't get my sportback till the end of jan but as soon as it arrives I'll try it and get in touch if I need any help, thanks again. :icon_thumright:

No probs,but I would chase them up where you bought the wheels from as most if not all aftermarket wheels should come with stud/nuts.

The 18" reps are possibly different but I wouldn't have thought so.If your studs supplied with the wheels were the same as your original audi ones then there's no problem.On the 18" wheels fitted on mine the original audi studs are a radius seat,and the 19" reps are tappered studs.So were not compatable.I work for a tyre/wheel supplier and generally/if not always you should use the studs/nuts supplied in your wheel/tyre package because they're suited to each other.

There weren't any studs supplied in the package as they said to use the original studs, as i said i havn't actually got the car yet so i don't know for sure that they won't fit its just i tried them on my mates 05 3 door mainly cos i was worried that the offset would have them protruding, and his studs were too short so i just was thinking i'd make enquires with you guys out there just incase anybody had the same issues.