Stronic Gear display (without DIS) on A3 SE model?

mwardyrem

Reaction score
I have an A3 Sportback 170 stronic on order for March delivery. I test drove an S line model which displayed the selected gear in the DIS. In manuel mode, I found it useful/vital to know what gear I was in. However, I did prefer the SE spec and ordered without the DIS option.

Does the SE model display the selected Stronic gear?? If so, where?? If not, will I soon adapt and just 'know' the current gear (I have a confirmed week build and can no longer add the DIS)

Is DIS(advanced DIS) not standard on SE models?

I think all audi have dis, the extra spec is an additional advanced DIS with a rocker switch on the wiper stalk. It has 2 memory functions. I don't think the gear indicators are part of advanced DIS, so they will be shown on yours even if no advanced DIS.

I drove an SE the other day with no DIS - only displayed miles left on fuel if I remember rightly.

DIS is only standard on Sport/S-line and S3 models. It's a £235 option on SE and Standard models. Personally I think it's well worth the extra.

h5djr said:
DIS is only standard on Sport/S-line and S3 models. It's a £235 option on SE and Standard models. Personally I think it's well worth the extra.
Yep me too, having on my last 2 cars I don't think I would be without. If there's time add it to the spec!