EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Stronic Gear display (without DIS) on A3 SE model?

I have an A3 Sportback 170 stronic on order for March delivery. I test drove an S line model which displayed the selected gear in the DIS. In manuel mode, I found it useful/vital to know what gear I was in. However, I did prefer the SE spec and ordered without the DIS option.

Does the SE model display the selected Stronic gear?? If so, where?? If not, will I soon adapt and just 'know' the current gear (I have a confirmed week build and can no longer add the DIS)

2. # ADS
    ADS

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Is DIS(advanced DIS) not standard on SE models?

I think all audi have dis, the extra spec is an additional advanced DIS with a rocker switch on the wiper stalk. It has 2 memory functions. I don't think the gear indicators are part of advanced DIS, so they will be shown on yours even if no advanced DIS.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    I drove an SE the other day with no DIS - only displayed miles left on fuel if I remember rightly.
    A3 2.0TDi Sport, Mauritius Blue, Xenons, Black Leather/Alcantara, BOSE, Heated Seats, Parking Sensors, Light/Rain Sensor Pack, Interior Light Pack, Armrests.

DIS is only standard on Sport/S-line and S3 models. It's a 235 option on SE and Standard models. Personally I think it's well worth the extra.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr
    DIS is only standard on Sport/S-line and S3 models. It's a 235 option on SE and Standard models. Personally I think it's well worth the extra.
    Yep me too, having on my last 2 cars I don't think I would be without. If there's time add it to the spec!
    A3 2.0TDi Sport, Mauritius Blue, Xenons, Black Leather/Alcantara, BOSE, Heated Seats, Parking Sensors, Light/Rain Sensor Pack, Interior Light Pack, Armrests.