New car!

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Well I trundled down to Milton Keynes this morning to fetch the car and have to say it's superb. Will get some pics up at the weekend if the weather is decent.

One question I did have straight away was for those of you with the light & rain pack - how do you find the automatic wipers? It started raining on the way back so I flippped the stalk up a notch and tried playing with the sensitivity selector thing but frankly they seemed to have a mind of their own. Seriously, I could only just about work out which end of the selector was the most sensitive one (err, up position I'm presuming) but even in this position the wipers quite often let rather a lot of water build up on the screen before wiping. Other times they were fine.

I've not looked but I presume the sensor itself is fairly small in which case it's surely luck as to how many raindrops fall on the sensor so the wipes are going to be rather sporadic, surely? How do the rest of you find them?

I've heard intermittent and 2nd/3rd postion along, and check the sensor is not covered with wax (not that you would see it) - maybe clean the appropriate area on the windscreen.