New S3 - tuned already

Nice. Very Nice.

It looks top notch in black with those wheels too.

Why didn't audi make it look like that from the start is the big question. Different looking car when lowered and filling the arches.

It looks very good. I'm imagining...I can't say can I? Certainly 19" wheels, which would mean it will need to be lowered, along with maybe 10mm spacers.

WARNING!

Be careful of the 335i (twin-turbo) BMW's though 306bhp standard, and folk are chipping them already, so think 346bhp.

Audi have still not done enough.

AL

dpeilow said:
Cue RS3...

You know, I think it will happen. From what I read on Fourtitude the 8P will be replaced in 2010.

Lets say they are wrong and its 2009. Now, usually, Audi produce an RS model in the last year or 2 years of production, before a completley new model comes out.

That could mean 2007-2008. At worst 2009.

They could do it. But it will need a new engine - v6 twin turbo, or a higher literage super-charger-turbo combo.

AL

Nice. Very, very nice! I bet that will dig some serious holes in the tarmac...

Normally I am not too keen on black cars, but I must admit that this looks awesome. Too bad about the B+B logo on the side. Looks like something that was designed by my little sister in the eighties.

jeepers that is massive power - that poor old turbo must be tuned to within an inch of putting you into space!! i already thought that audi had been a tad lazy with the s3 and just tweaked the turbo and the engine slightly and basically just remapped the 2.0t a3??!! But they must have left some capacity for modders.

As for the rs3, wouldnt hold your breath for a few years. new rs6 is being tested at the moment and audi only have one rs model in the range at anytime. would be nice though but i think the price with decent spec could be crazy......

bantam1 said:
Why didn't audi make it look like that from the start is the big question. Different looking car when lowered and filling the arches.

Probably to do with poor running costs, green banding, and maybe reliability.

Thanks Al_B. Been wanting to know what could be achieved out of the 8P S3... Just out of interest what would the power/tonne be? With these 300bhp+ BMW's about (remapped 535d/335i) its good to know where a new S3 is in the pecking order when it comes to lane 3 status....:think:

My calculation for the 535d (@334bhp (DMS) & 1735kg (brochure figure)) is 192bhp/tonne, compared with my current S3 @ 185bhp/tonne.

nb said:
jeepers that is massive power - that poor old turbo must be tuned to within an inch of putting you into space!! i already thought that audi had been a tad lazy with the s3 and just tweaked the turbo and the engine slightly and basically just remapped the 2.0t a3??!! But they must have left some capacity for modders.

Much more than just a tweaked turbo and remap.

-Bigger turbocharger (Charge 1,2 bar standard)
-Improved intercooler
-Improved pistonbolts
-Improved connecting rods
-Improved shortblock
-Improved injectors

There is a lot more on the chassie.....

fair enough, but think i'd rather spend 30k+ on used m3

silvers3uk said:
Thanks Al_B. Been wanting to know what could be achieved out of the 8P S3... Just out of interest what would the power/tonne be? With these 300bhp+ BMW's about (remapped 535d/335i) its good to know where a new S3 is in the pecking order when it comes to lane 3 status....:think:

My calculation for the 535d (@334bhp (DMS) & 1735kg (brochure figure)) is 192bhp/tonne, compared with my current S3 @ 185bhp/tonne.

Its all good quoting BHP per tonne but tranmission loss will be alot higher on the 4WD rather than a RWD so you probably wouldnt have a chance.