Chris NottSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

B7 RS4 brakes on A3?

Anyone know if these will fit an A3

meant to say B7 brakes in the title
    Last edited by A3simon; 10th December 2006 at 18:08.

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Simon will you just leave the car alone for 5 minutes
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

5th Gear

Status
    I know i know but i cant help myself. Really im asking for future reference next is the AmD remap and Haldex controller then ill leave it be

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

Vroom Vroom

Status
    White rocks man - your car looks really good !!

..... sorry can'y help you with the brakes though.
    -------------------------

987 Boxster 2.7 (05) - Current
    A3 2.0T Quattro S-Line (55) - gone
    S3 Quattro (02) - gone

-------------------------

3rd Gear

Status
    Simon, there is actually one person with B7 RS4 rotors on a MkV chassis. They're on a UK MkV R32, and APS have fitted them, along with RS6 8 piston calipers.

You can read about it here (cut & paste): http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/...page/0#1012181

Here's what that looks like (calipers painted MkV R32 blue):

The RS4 rotor is quite nice, but it isn't a fully-floating setup. Meaning that they will distort if their upper temp limit is exceeded, and that heat will still ne transfered to the bearings...

The RS6 caliper is an 8 piston / 8 pad setup (!!!)

It seems that the RS6 calipers need a larger master cylinder, as the R32's brake pedal now requires more travel before braking begins. Regardless, this is a very cool "OEM+" upgrade, that should prove effective on the street and the track.

Personnally, I will be going a different route, working with Alcon (UK) calipers and rotors, and STaSIS (USA) designed and fabricated rotor hubs and carriers.

These are Alcon J-slotted 370mm (14.5") rotors, solid one-piece calipers with four pistons, and both weigh less than half the standard items. They will fit beneath 18x8" ET45 wheels (Neuspeed forged RS series), without having to resort to any spacers.

STaSIS sell these brakes along with other engine and suspension mods as a package on US A3s, and the they are warrantied by Audi as such.

One-piece construction affords lighteness and stiffness. Piston sizes are suited to the A3's MC:

J-sloted rotors make for good feel and good pad wear caracteristics. Fully floating makes for great heat resistance, as the rotor doeasn't warp against the hub (another side benefit is that the wheel bearings' grease shouldn't vaporize as easily on the track - it's happened to me, thrice!).

I'll be fitting these next spring, along with a matching rear setup.

Yeah, so they're a bit big... (they also have them in saner 14" and 13.5" sizes, with even greater weight savings). LOL:

Last edited by JaminBen; 11th December 2006 at 10:18.
    Ben.
    '05 A3 3.2 MT6 /// KW Variant III - GenII Haldex Performance Part - H&R sways - TST Stressbrace - VF-Engineering full mounts - 17lb 8x18 Neuspeed forged wheels - CG Lock - Ross Tech

HPA FT450 turbo installed, with world's best Torsen front diff: www.peloquins.com

Every day's a track day ;-)

5th Gear

Status
    When you fitting those things Ben?
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

3rd Gear

Status
    As soon as my RS-6 wheels get made... Neuspeed are back-ordered on these, and they are the only 18" ET45 wheels I've found that will clear these brakes...

As a side-note, I made a mistake in my earlier post: the RS4 setup is based on a fully floating rotor. It looks really good too. I hope someone manages to make thses work with the A3's master cylinder.
    Ben.
    '05 A3 3.2 MT6 /// KW Variant III - GenII Haldex Performance Part - H&R sways - TST Stressbrace - VF-Engineering full mounts - 17lb 8x18 Neuspeed forged wheels - CG Lock - Ross Tech

HPA FT450 turbo installed, with world's best Torsen front diff: www.peloquins.com

Every day's a track day ;-)