Thinking about a TT - How much is my car worth?

E

exciter01

I'm considering getting a new TT coupe on a lease but not sure what to do with my A3. I've looked on Autotrader but all the prices seem inflated because most listings are from dealers.

Parkers is hard to workout whether its worth £15 grand or 15p so i'm not sure...

I'd appreciate any thoughts on what you think its worth

55 Reg
Black
A3
2.0T
Quattro
S-Line (in and out)
Bose Stereo
Manual Gearbox
11k Miles
Centre Armrest
Slight scuff on one wheel
Revo installed about 5k miles ago

Ta

I paid £18500 for mine which is simliar spec

2.0T FSi
11/55
Black
5600miles
Quattro S-Line
20 Spoke Split Rims
Xenons
Tinted Windows
MultiFunction Steering Wheel
Silver Mirrors
Cruise Control
Arm Rest

I reckon a dealer will give you around £16500-£17000.

your car appears to be same spec,year and mileage and as mine. The best offer I recieved from a dealer in Part Ex was £16,000 against a new S3.

HAve the prices for A3's firmed up lately?

Been having a look on autotrader and the cheapest reasoonable mileage 2.0.tdi DSG S-line was &#163;16,800 that was for an 2005/05 (thats for an 045 <40k miles)

The prices seem a little high to me!

December is a bad time to try and sell a car because of the Xmas holiday spending. Most dealers will confirm this.

However, January is one of the best months for the motor trade, so maybe the inflated prices are in anticipation of this? They can't simply whack a bit of extra margin on their metal after the New Year party.

Eeef said:
Mine went for £15.5k after 3 months of advertising.

Where did you advertise? - been trying to shift mine via ebay & pistonheads for last month or so & it seems I can't give it away. Currently up for 14.5k which seems like real Shxte money for a 2 year old car that retailed at over 23k (actually paid 21,4k - but that's not the point) - Doubt if I'd ever buy an A3 again on the grounds of good residual value...
take a look at the spec - d'you think this a reasonable price???
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/108550.htm