Water leak behind passenger seat?

Mikey

Reaction score
Posting up for a freind who doesnt have net access. Hes got a new A3, had it from new appx 4 months, and the other week he noticed the carpet was very very wet behind the passenger seat. Hes not been driving around with windows open, nor has he left it open. He took it to the dealers last week and they have been less than helpful. They said they have tested the car for leaks with a hose pipe for over 2 hours and report no fault and said to him there is no fault with the car. My freind argued with them for some time but they would not try any other methods or do anything else for him and basically told him to come and get his car collected. Anyway, that evening he makes a journey to Liverpool, appx 30 miles, gets there, and guess what, behind the passenger seat on the carpet, its soaking wet. Again hes rung the dealers and told them the situation and that he demands they rectify it. Was just wondering if anybody knows where the leak is coming from or is this a known fault. Audi Stockport seem to be doing NOTHING helpfull at all. Thanks.

Hey there, sounds like he may have the same problem that I had with my Saxo VTS. Turns out that before I had bought it (second hand), the windscreen had been replaced (badly), the water was running down and collecting behind the passenger seat in the rear footwell. My mechanic got some glass people to take the windscreen out and re-seat it properly which fixed the problem. Just check it's his windshield first before you go taking it out lol :D

could it be the rear wash pipe water supply tube being damaged and split?

No offense, but spraying the car for 2 hours it's exactly less than helpful. Even 5 minutes should be enough to prove a leak

Quote- Anyway, that evening he makes a journey to Liverpool, appx 30 miles, gets there, and guess what, behind the passenger seat on the carpet, its soaking wet.

Silly question but was it raining on this journey, it could be coming from underneath. It could be the washer pipe as a hose pipe would have shown the windscreen leak From experience with other cars water leaks can be a pig to find. Good Luck !

Get a picture if poss showing how wet it is then there is proof!