RNS-E Retrofit questions?? Suppliers etc?

Beddie

Reaction score
Hello guys...

After picking up my S-Line a few days back i find myself without satnav for the first time in 4 years and i keep getting lost lol! :)

I managed to retro fit an MFD unit in my MK4 Golf and likewise an MFD2 in my MK5 without any major woes so i'm fancying having a go at fitting a RNS-E into the S-Line but do have a couple of queries i'm not too sure about?

My A3 has a factory fit Bluetooth phone kit, Bose and MFSW and the Symphony II head unit so i'm pretty confident of being able to fit the nav unit/ gps antenna etc but am unsure of the correct adapter to buy to fit all my functions?
Also wondering whether the Bose/phone/MFSW will work with the rns-e from the off or will i need to use vagcom :faint:

Any help or any recommend installers/suppliers in the NW would be great
Regards
Steve

Another vote of support for craigyb... very professional, thorough and slick. Cant speak highly enough after my install. It was a tough job and out of the ordinary in my car but he stuck with it and the unit works brilliantly. Look in the ice section further down the forum. I think its "sat nav installation service" and does exactly what it says on the tin.

:D

I just had Retro fitted to my Brand New RS4 Sat/Nav System from www_satnavsystems_com
These guys are very quick and professional. I just had new system fitted within 48 hours for £1199 plus VAT. A qualified Audi engineer come to my house installed, programmed and coded everything to factory spec. with latest VAS-5053 Original Audi Diagnostic Tool.
This guys are not the cheapest, but they are the only in the UK who offer a full 12 months warranty on parts and labor with qualified Audi engineer. I have done a research for almost a month before I found SatNavSystem_com -in the end my local Audi Dealer has recommended me to them.
I have spent almost £60k on my car and did not want some cowboy’s to damage my beauty!!
My full recommendation to all of you!!!
RS4 - Sapcekid

Beddie, see my thread in this forum (click the "RNS-E sat nav" link under my signature) for details of my retrofit. I bought my unit from eBay, and all-in it's cost me around £450 so far.

Agree with vertigo1 - http://www.navplus.us is a must for any RNS-E wannabe retrofitters.