Auto Wipers

ahaydock

Reaction score
Did Auto Wipers come as part of the package with the Auto Lights, Dimming Rear View Mirror and Coming Home Function on all A3 8Ps regardless of age?

I think mine are faulty but the stealer thinks I dont have them (despite the sales team telling me they were on the car), but I do have all the above and it works fine. My partner also told my once the wipers picked up pace with the rain on their own (she was well impressed)!

Thanks!

No they didn't.

I have a 53-plate A3 on which I specified the auto lights, dimming rear view mirror and coming come function (all as one option obviously) and there were no auto wipers available at that time.

I'm not sure exactly when they were added but if your car is a good 2-3 years old then I suspect you're in the same boat as me.

The things you mention all come as standard on the SE model - at least since the end of 2004.

Put the wipers in the 'auto' position on the stalk and chuck a bucket of water over the whole screen - soon find out if they work!

Actually you're right, the "lighting" elements which I described above did come as standard on my SE but the wipers weren't part of it initially.

Back in Oct 2003 when mine was ordered the features and options lists were far more sparse than they are now. No auto wipers, no folding mirrors, no S-Line, no DVD nav and so on.

Auto lights, dimming mirror and auto wipers are the componets of the Light and rain sensor pack.

I like and will spec them again on my future Audis.

Thanks guys. So the auto wipers were not an option on a 2003 model then? Annoying if this is true as the salesman definitely told me the car had them as we had a discussion on how they worked!

If you have auto wipers you will have a big sensor behind the rear view mirror stuck to the windscreen, you cant miss it. From outside its sort of tear drop shaped, you should also have auto lights found on your light switch.

ahaydock said:
Thanks guys. So the auto wipers were not an option on a 2003 model then? Annoying if this is true
Definitely true I'm afraid, I'm so sure I'd bet my house on it.