New S3 Wheels

markwiggy

Third Gear
Reaction score
Our german friends appear to have a greater choice of wheels for the S3, there is a nice quattro GMBH wheel which resembles the RS4 wheels or is maybe the same wheel. I have made enquiries with dealer as to whether I can have them added to my car. They are looking in to it, I await the response.
Anybody any experience of obtaining Euro spec for UK cars?

Wheels can be seen on the German S3 configerater at WWW.audi.de

If you speak German !!

They are 18" RS4 style, not 19" like you get on the TT and RS4

I questioned before before ordering my S3, all dealers said they won't have them as an option until later in 2007.

Personally (and I know a lot of people dislike the new S3 wheel), I like the S3 alloy, it seperates it from an s-line (incidentaly, how come the 14 spoke wheel was a no cost option on s-lines and the 20 spoke a £200 option, yet on the S3 they are £600 options?????), though would like the RS4 style alloy, but I can't put off my order waiting.... I'll be happy with what I get!

Audi Uk rang today, cannot have RS4 style wheels. According to the boffins in Germany they are not Uk spec so can't have. The only way around this is to import the car or slip Klaus a backhander to put them on the car by mistake. :sadlike:

Dont like the multi spoke wheels I don't think they look special enough for the S3 and are certainly not worth 600 quid. Looks like I will have to live with the standard wheels, never mind.

Mark