AH FabricationsSky Insurance

Thread: New S3 tyres!

windsurfer

Status

New S3 tyres!

I know the new S3 has 225/40 18 tires but do you know what make of tire they will be fitted from factory? I hope not ContiSport! I wish they come with Bridgestone or Michelin.

Has anyone noticed it? Or for the possibly owners of the new S3 can you tell the tire supplied with your new car?

Thanks
    Pedro

2. # ADS
    ADS

Third Gear

Status
    The demo I drove was fitted with conti's and my S-Line with the same size rims also came with Conti's.

Mark

windsurfer

Status
    So I guess it will be Conti's..... They are OK tires but since I tried Michelin and specially Bridgestone I don't want others....

Pedro

4th Gear

Status
    For that size wheel Audi use various tyres inc. contis, P-zero rossos, Michelin PS2s that I know of. You arent allowed to choose the tyre it comes with either its just pot luck. I wouldnt think the S3 would have a specific tyre but I could be wrong.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

1st Gear

Status
    My 18" are P-Zero Rosso. No problems with grip.
    A3 Sportback 170TDI quattro S-line
    Lava Grey, SymphonyII, BOSE, Light and Rain Sensor Pack, I-POD connection , MF Steering Wheel, Rear Parking Sensors.

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Audi put whatever tyres they get the best deal at the time of manufacture. If they are getting a batch of conti's at a good price, they'll stick conti's on, or if they happen to be getting michelins at a good price you'll get those.

I'm suprised they aren't 235!
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

Top Gear

Status
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw66
    They are not bad in the dry but I didn't like them in the wet. Plus I only managed 12K miles out of em...
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw66
    I had them on my car when it was delivered, they are dire compared to other sports tyres. You should try Eagle F1s(my favorite) or michelin Pilot sport 2s they are roughly the same price but grip in the wet as well as the Rossos do in the dry(dry grip with them is even better). My rossos came off and went on ebay at 4k miles they were that bad.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dandle
    I had them on my car when it was delivered, they are dire compared to other sports tyres. You should try Eagle F1s(my favorite) or michelin Pilot sport 2s they are roughly the same price but grip in the wet as well as the Rossos do in the dry(dry grip with them is even better). My rossos came off and went on ebay at 4k miles they were that bad.
    +1, I think the Rosso's are crap, my "other car" a T5R Volvo has more grip with 17" 225 PS2's,
    the other annoying thing they do is transport the stones off my drive onto the road!! the other 3 cars in the household don't do that!
    TTS, 19's,DSG,Sat Nav,phone,elec seats,bose,ex leather,and more

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wilko
    I'm sure Audi are taking the piss with those wheels, why noy just fit the S4's style wheel?
    TTS, 19's,DSG,Sat Nav,phone,elec seats,bose,ex leather,and more

under pressure

Status
    Continental SportContact2 ... at least on this red S3

Audi S3 2.0 TFSI quattro - Turbo-Back exhaust - Cold Air Intake - Uprated Fuel Pump - Upgraded Clutch - Upgraded Intercooler - Stage2+ Software