New S3 tyres!

newbiecrg

windsurfer
Reaction score
I know the new S3 has 225/40 18 tires but do you know what make of tire they will be fitted from factory? I hope not ContiSport! I wish they come with Bridgestone or Michelin.

Has anyone noticed it? Or for the possibly owners of the new S3 can you tell the tire supplied with your new car?

Thanks
Pedro

The demo I drove was fitted with conti's and my S-Line with the same size rims also came with Conti's.

Mark

So I guess it will be Conti's..... :( They are OK tires but since I tried Michelin and specially Bridgestone I don't want others....

Pedro

For that size wheel Audi use various tyres inc. contis, P-zero rossos, Michelin PS2s that I know of. You arent allowed to choose the tyre it comes with either its just pot luck. I wouldnt think the S3 would have a specific tyre but I could be wrong.

My 18" are P-Zero Rosso. No problems with grip.

Audi put whatever tyres they get the best deal at the time of manufacture. If they are getting a batch of conti's at a good price, they'll stick conti's on, or if they happen to be getting michelins at a good price you'll get those.

I'm suprised they aren't 235!

southpaw66 said:
My 18" are P-Zero Rosso. No problems with grip.

I had them on my car when it was delivered, they are dire compared to other sports tyres. You should try Eagle F1s(my favorite) or michelin Pilot sport 2s they are roughly the same price but grip in the wet as well as the Rossos do in the dry(dry grip with them is even better). My rossos came off and went on ebay at 4k miles they were that bad.

dandle said:
I had them on my car when it was delivered, they are dire compared to other sports tyres. You should try Eagle F1s(my favorite) or michelin Pilot sport 2s they are roughly the same price but grip in the wet as well as the Rossos do in the dry(dry grip with them is even better). My rossos came off and went on ebay at 4k miles they were that bad.

+1, I think the Rosso's are crap, my "other car" a T5R Volvo has more grip with 17" 225 PS2's,
the other annoying thing they do is transport the stones off my drive onto the road!! the other 3 cars in the household don't do that!

Continental SportContact2 ... at least on this red S3

P1110403.jpg

P1110436.jpg