Chorus » RNS-E sat nav Retrofit

johnmv55

Reaction score
All this Sat Nav talk at "Symphony II » RNS-E sat nav Retrofit" has got me quite interested, has any body carried it out with a Chorus radio? Looks to me as if I would need a new carrier for the hazards and also a new ECC unit?

People have done it John, but it is a little bit more involved for Chorus owners. As well as the RNS-E unit, you will to strip out the entire centre of the dash and fit a double-DIN cage, plus either cut your existing climate control panel to fit it lower in the dash (using a dremel) or buy a new climate unit (expensive). You may also need some new buttons for ESP and the passenger airbag warning light.Agree with Steve though - the http://www.navplus.us is fantastic and full of information on the RNS-E. I used it extensively before my install.

Thanks Steve, shame he only does COD and has no paypal, I have contacted him anyway so I will see what happens, is all of that backing piece what is called the double din?

benw123 said:
People have done it John, but it is a little bit more involved for Chorus owners. As well as the RNS-E unit, you will to strip out the entire centre of the dash and fit a double-DIN cage, plus either cut your existing climate control panel to fit it lower in the dash (using a dremel) or buy a new climate unit (expensive). You may also need some new buttons for ESP and the passenger airbag warning light.Agree with Steve though - the http://www.navplus.us is fantastic and full of information on the RNS-E. I used it extensively before my install.

Thanks Ben, I have had a look there but didn't find any info regarding changing to a double din, I'll have another look later

johnmv55 said:
is all of that backing piece what is called the double din?
Yep - if the climate panel was missing in those pictures, you'll have a big piece of plastic that bolts into the dash. This is what will hold the RNS-E in place.

For me, as a Symphony II owner, the double-DIN cage, correct climate control and buttons are already in place, so only needed a harness and the stereo just swaps out.