Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

Courtesy Headlights

I have noticed on the Mk5 Golf's that when you unlock the car with the alarm the headlights turn on, is it an optional extra on the A3?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Mine stay on for 45 seconds after locking up.

They automatically come on when unlocking as well.

In addition, they come on or stay on when you open the drivers door.

I think that this is a function that comes with xenons or the auto lights sensor.

I like it, it's very handy.
    Audi TT coupe 3.2 quattro S-tronic - quattro GmbH 19" RS4 style alloy wheels - Silver metallic - Magma red leather - Audi Magnetic Ride - Symphony II - Multi-function Steering Wheel - xenon plus headlights

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have this option on my A3 54 plate S Line - pretty sure its called home function?...i think!. Stays on after you have locked the car to.

Quite funny as people look at you odd as you park your car and walk off with the lights left on - a girl at work chased after me as she parked behind me telling me "your lights are you tw&t!" i then had to explain it turns itself off!.

6th Gear

Status
    oh right i guess its an option then, i have xenons but i don't have this function......

Status
    Perhaps it comes with the auto-lights. My SE has Xenons and I have the home function (little button next to the light switch). Leave it switched off to be honest!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

6th Gear

Status
    It's part of the light & rain sensor pack option and is enabled using a small switch next to the main headlight switch.

It's totally independent of the xenon option.

It's also an option on the Golf, or at least doesn't come on all models.

Reverse Gear

Status

it's an option

The option is called "Coming home / Leaving Home".

And i have to agree, the option is very handy indeed + it looks good

6th Gear

Status
    Only one problem with it - I've lost count of how many times I've walked away from the car at night or in a car park and had someone shout over "hey mate, you've left your lights on". You then have to replay "it's ok, they turn themselves off" and which point I think most of them probably think to themselves "flash git"

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    I'm glad there's a switch to turn the feature off easily. At home I park my car facing away from the house, so don't really want the lights staying on. Now what would be handy is if you could make the reverse light stay on, as that is right next to my front door

5th Gear

Status
    Leveling the lights? I agree with Vertigo1, I always think someone is going to say something when I walk off from the car in supermarket
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

Top Gear

Status
    I have this feature on mine... options listed below.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    Only one problem with it - I've lost count of how many times I've walked away from the car at night or in a car park and had someone shout over "hey mate, you've left your lights on". You then have to replay "it's ok, they turn themselves off" and which point I think most of them probably think to themselves "flash git"
    Know what you mean this happens to me all the time!
    A3 2.0TDi Sport, Mauritius Blue, Xenons, Black Leather/Alcantara, BOSE, Heated Seats, Parking Sensors, Light/Rain Sensor Pack, Interior Light Pack, Armrests.