New 3.6 V6 Engine

A3_3.2_S-Line

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the new 3.6 V6 300bhp (I think its a new engine could be the same engine as in the old A8's) that’s going into the Passat R36 is going to be coming over to Audi?

The cars got a 0-6 time of 5.6 secs and 4 wheel drive!

Now if you put that engine into an A3 setup with light weight S3 suspension, mount the engine is a similar fashion as in the RS4 (if it fits), beef up the brakes and um is it me but have I just discovered the RS3?

:anbet: Please god please! :anbet:

A3_3.2_S-Line said:
Now if you put that engine into an A3 setup with light weight S3 suspension, mount the engine is a similar fashion as in the RS4 (if it fits), beef up the brakes and um is it me but have I just discovered the RS3?
Could be! The RS4 has a normally-aspirated engine so an RS3 with the 3.6 would top the range nicely, and remain consistent with the brand.

Only problem is that the Passat has a longitudinally-mounted engine like the A4, and it will take a bit of development to swap it, especially if the engine doesn't go further around the VAG range.

mattyboy199 said:
or even the TT RS engine ? 2.5bi turbo

What TTRS would that be then.

There is not, at time of writing, a TT S-line nor a TTS nevermind a TTRS.

I'm not saying that there won't be a TTRS, but nobody outside Audi AG knows what the spec of that car will be.

It could be a 3.6T, who knows?

benw123 said:
Only problem is that the Passat has a longitudinally-mounted engine like the A4, and it will take a bit of development to swap it, especially if the engine doesn't go further around the VAG range.

Are you sure? The latest revision is now transverse mounted, as they offer the haldex as 4WD for their syncro branded system.

You can check this out here (amongst other places)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Passat#Mark_5_.28PQ46_platform.29_.282005-present.29

The last Passat as A4 based was longitudinally mounted using the torsen difs for the syncro branded 4WD system.

Cant really see that engine fitting, the only way the 3.2 fits in the A3 and the TT is that its a version of the very compact VW VR6 engine.

My guess would be the aforementioned 2.5 5 cyl bi-turbo for any RS model.

*crosses fingers and hopes

Auto Express had this 3.6 replacing the 3.2 in the TT.