Is it worth the wait?

marriedblonde said:
southpaw66 said:
That's a more than 2 grand more than I paid for mine! And quattro makes a significant difference to the abilities of this car. Not in the same league as fwd variants.
QUOTE]

Really?

Yep. Especially on our slippery british roads. When I test drove a fwd 170TDI I was wheel spinning/understeering at almost every roundabout and junction on slightly damp roads. In contrast I've not been able to lose traction at all with the quattro. Hence some quite frightening cornering speeds - I'm driving like a lunatic...:jump: . I have to calm down.

I don't get massive traction problems at all.
As I posted some weeks ago,I've also recently had occasion to 'take on' blokes driving an S3 and an S4,both of whom were definitely trying.
Quattro didn't seen to offer them any advantage at all.
I dare say it would be handy in snow but,for 99% of the driving I do,2wd is ,apparently,fine.
So the USP of quattro floats over my head.

Putting it another way,I wouldn't go for an A3 over any other car,just because it offers quattro.

I agree the majority of driving makes no difference. But it's ability to put the power down so much earlier (1-2 secs) out of a corner brings a smile to my face everytime and a look sheer terror to my wife. :ohmy:

I wouldn't have bought the Audi without it.