Chris NottEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

3.2 New Sline Air Flow?

Hi All,

Just got the car back from the dealers after it got taken away to fit a little peace of body trim behind the passengers side front fog light that got forgotten to be put on when the car was delivered.

When the car was there the dealer rang me to say that the part was in fact taken off as this improves air flow to the engine. I was like whatever; all other S-lines have it anyways I insisted that they replace the trim.

I just been out for a hack after I got it back and I dont know if its me but the car doesn't seems as fast as before.

Does anyone know more before I get my screwdriver out?
    Last edited by A3_3.2_S-Line; 17th November 2006 at 02:41.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grrrr

Status
    Interesting!

You've confirmed what I've wondered about for a while. Check out a post I made some time ago after picking up my 3.2

3.2 front foglight

Maybe you should get the screwdriver ready
    Audi TT RS

1st Gear

Status
    Just had a read on that thread and I did type this the first time "your hole looks exactly like my hole" and then I thought hang on a minute that sounds um, never mind.

So um yes the hole behind your fog light is identical to the hole behind my fog light.

Like you I thought this was a mistake as you can see what I now know is the horn.

I will check in the morning if the air intake for the engine is on the passenger side of the car and if it is I'm going to have to work out how to remove the piece!

Grrrr

Status
    Personally I thought the line about it improving airflow was a load of , if you look, the air filter gets its intake directly from behind the front grill, can't see how having an inlet next to the foglight will have any effect.

Still, as you have independently been told the same yarn, maybe there is an element of truth?

If you are getting rid of the plastic cover though, let me know I might take it off your hands
    Audi TT RS

1st Gear

Status
    Out of interest what dealer did you get your car from?

Grrrr

Status
    Eastbourne Audi
    Audi TT RS