Aftermarket alloys on new A3?

Mikey

Reaction score
Im very confused over this whole offset biz. Am I right in saying that us new A3 owners are limited to what after-market alloys we can use due to the offset required? Most rims im looking for are only avalible in ET30-35, and ive read up that the best you can get away with is ET42 on the new A3. So am I right in thinking that upto now im pretty stumped for getting a nice set of aftermark rims due to the offset situation?

What you are saying is correct, on a new A3 you need wheels with an offest between ET42 & ET54 which is what the factory 5 spoke RS6 repicas are... ET42 being the ones that stick out more.

well i hope that aftermarket wheel makers (not replica makers) start making their designs to cater the new A3, coz i aint stick with OEM Audi wheels all my life!!!

Or how about buying a used set of OEM wheels? Usually plenty on eBay - where I got my new 17" Stars from. What design have you got currently?

im into the show scence so they have to be special wheels, NOT oem. was looking for 18's or 19's, split rims.

Shouldn't be a problem with wheels, B5 A4 offset is 38 so that would mean the wheels would be 7mm further out. Which is just like having a set of spacers.