Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    147

    Another Satisfied Customer

    Picked up my new Sportback 2.0TDI Sport 170 Quattro yesterday and its WOW. I love it. Really pleased. Bit worried that Dolphin Grey was boring but I’m real happy with it and the blue/black interior too. Audi brill and the dealer too. Only downside was the honeymoon started in the rain.

    One minor negative is the 2 visible metal anchor points on the passenger seat (for securing child seats presumably). They look God awful.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    southpaw66's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    167
    Had mine almost 2 weeks now (700miles). I second the WOW!

    Had first failure though. Glow Plug Relay - waiting for parts from Audi. Seems they needs to replace with a modified unit.... sounds like a 'common' fault?

  4. #3
    Vertigo1's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,487
    Out of interest, are the metal anchors in the passenger seat silver in colour (i.e. bare metal)? I've been in a few A3s recently with silver coloured ones which are quite visible yet in mine they're black and so you can't really see them at all unless you look for them.

  5. #4
    benw123's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Herts, UK
    Posts
    1,863
    Let's 'ave some pics of the new mota then!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

  6. #5
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21
    Mine are silver ,had light grey seats so not to bad, but they are obvious Could have been hidden slightly better I would have thought. Minor problem though . Car is great 500 miles now still trying not to be to heavy on go pedal . Not good weather for trying out the launch control system

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    102
    I've had mine 3 weeks now (1,200 miles) and I'll echo that WOW.

    No problems with it whatsoever.
    Audi TT coupe 3.2 quattro S-tronic - quattro GmbH 19" RS4 style alloy wheels - Silver metallic - Magma red leather - Audi Magnetic Ride - Symphony II - Multi-function Steering Wheel - xenon plus headlights


  8. #7
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Wales Coast
    Posts
    71
    I thought it was only the petrol cars that had launch control? My 170 S-Tronic doesn't appear to have it.
    '07 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI in Audi Exclusive Lava Grey
    '07 Daihatsu Copen 1.3

  9. #8
    stewarta13wsb's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    glencoe, scottish highlands
    Posts
    139
    Got mine today, after almost 10 weeks of waiting patiently...

    [IMG][/IMG]

    That's the old one (the red one) next to it

    A few new items to get used to, and didn't get a hand over so they weren't explained - and not really 100% for the dealer on a few things actually - forgot to fit the mudflaps, hadn't fitted my number plates (although supplied 3 weeks before delivery) fitted Road Angel lead to drivers side rather then in the middle where I asked

  10. #9
    tibbs's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Limerick, Ireland
    Posts
    93
    Mines the same, isofix fittings in silver on black sline seats, lovley!

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by PJLarge
    I thought it was only the petrol cars that had launch control? My 170 S-Tronic doesn't appear to have it.
    I haven't really explored Sport mode in the A3SB as yet.

    However, in the past 3 years I had a couple of 3.2 DSG TTs and S was a hoot.

    Didn't bother with launch control as it seemed too much of a kerfuffle to set it up.
    Audi TT coupe 3.2 quattro S-tronic - quattro GmbH 19" RS4 style alloy wheels - Silver metallic - Magma red leather - Audi Magnetic Ride - Symphony II - Multi-function Steering Wheel - xenon plus headlights


  12. #11
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123
    Let's 'ave some pics of the new mota then!
    I'll try to post some at the weekend... provided it ain't raining... wouldn't want to get it wet! LOL!

    Yep the metal anchor points are silver. Only a minor point but they would have looked less noticeable in black with my black blue interior. I'll just tell everyone its for the full harness for nervous passengers!

    Hey southpaw sorry to hear of your problem... hope it's fixed soon.

    I feel lucky cos this car is serious fun to drive and a pride to own. The interior feels oh so right, add to that the great drive and this car is quick too, it puts a big big smile on your face.

    Thank you Audi.

  13. #12
    southpaw66's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by stewarta13wsb
    A few new items to get used to, and didn't get a hand over so they weren't explained - and not really 100% for the dealer on a few things actually - forgot to fit the mudflaps, hadn't fitted my number plates (although supplied 3 weeks before delivery) fitted Road Angel lead to drivers side rather then in the middle where I asked
    I had some fun with the dealers who managed to mis-read the registration number off their documents - even to the point of making up the wrong plates. They only realised when they were about to do the tax. I had to get a new covernote faxed to them at v.short notice. No hassle for me really, in fact is was quite funny as they'd been pressuring me to complete quickly on the sale (before 31st) to meet their quota as I'd negotiated a 9% discount (only had to wait 7 working days from order to delivery) . The panic on their voice on the afternoon of the 31st was very poorly disguised - I wasn't bothered as I wasn't available to pick up until 2nd. Great service in general though - even had apology from general manager for screw up. Hope this is a sign of good service to come (my 1st Audi).

  14. #13
    southpaw66's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    167

  15. #14
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Wales Coast
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by vagman
    I haven't really explored Sport mode in the A3SB as yet.

    However, in the past 3 years I had a couple of 3.2 DSG TTs and S was a hoot.

    Didn't bother with launch control as it seemed too much of a kerfuffle to set it up.
    I tried what I think was the 'launch control' procedure this morning in mine.
    ESP off
    Engage S
    Hold on brakes with left foot
    Floor throttle
    Remove brake foot when lights change

    and...

    No launch control on the derv. It just bogs down against the brakes.

    or is it me?
    '07 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI in Audi Exclusive Lava Grey
    '07 Daihatsu Copen 1.3

  16. #15
    gjcknocker's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Banffshire
    Posts
    97
    Stewart,
    I'm interested in who the dealer was you dealt with....I'm guessing that it might have been Inverness as I've heard a similar complaint about them.
    What a cracking location you're in....a definite for a visit in the spring...also lovely grand daughter.
    2005 S4, Silver with Red Nappa Leather and replica RS4 wheels.

  17. #16
    stewarta13wsb's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    glencoe, scottish highlands
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by gjcknocker
    Stewart,
    I'm interested in who the dealer was you dealt with....I'm guessing that it might have been Inverness as I've heard a similar complaint about them.
    What a cracking location you're in....a definite for a visit in the spring...also lovely grand daughter.
    Yes, Highland Audi Inverness it was! I wasn't over impressed with my first car, but nothing major I guess - just the same lack of contact etc. This time was worse and I doubt I'd use them again.

    My grand daughter was here last week again, yes a beauty and I miss her already.

    If you're up this way remember the free offer listed on the forum 'deals' section

  18. #17
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by PJLarge
    I tried what I think was the 'launch control' procedure this morning in mine.
    ESP off
    Engage S
    Hold on brakes with left foot
    Floor throttle
    Remove brake foot when lights change

    and...

    No launch control on the derv. It just bogs down against the brakes.

    or is it me?
    TFM does not say that LC is a petrol only function.

    When DSG was first launched in 03, owners on the UKTT Owners Forum reported mixed fortunes with LC.

    Some reported results as yourself, whilst others reported success.

    I think that you have to remove your foot from the brake swiftly and not on a gradual basis.

    You might have to find a suitable quiet stretch of road, or other such area, i.e. track or airfield, to give it another try.
    Audi TT coupe 3.2 quattro S-tronic - quattro GmbH 19" RS4 style alloy wheels - Silver metallic - Magma red leather - Audi Magnetic Ride - Symphony II - Multi-function Steering Wheel - xenon plus headlights


  19. #18
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    No LC on the diesels,for sure.
    I always thought the LC was controlled by pulling both paddles towards you,then flooring the throttle and releasing them ?
    I could be wrong about that,but it's certainly not the left-foot-brake method described above.
    All that does,on DSG diesels,is get the car more confused than a pensioner in an airport.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  20. #19
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    102
    Paddles are not involved in LC.

    PJL describes the correct procedure and there is no reason as to why it won't work with diesel engined cars.
    Audi TT coupe 3.2 quattro S-tronic - quattro GmbH 19" RS4 style alloy wheels - Silver metallic - Magma red leather - Audi Magnetic Ride - Symphony II - Multi-function Steering Wheel - xenon plus headlights


  21. #20
    stewarta13wsb's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    glencoe, scottish highlands
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    All that does,on DSG diesels,is get the car more confused than a pensioner in an airport.

    Sorry Bowfer - just bought a second DSG mobile

  22. #21
    According to my User Manual, launch control is only available on the 6 cylinder engines. But my manual was produced before the 2.0T came out so I don't know if it's available on that as well. Definitely not on the 140 TDI.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  23. #22
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Wales Coast
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by vagman
    TFM does not say that LC is a petrol only function.

    When DSG was first launched in 03, owners on the UKTT Owners Forum reported mixed fortunes with LC.

    Some reported results as yourself, whilst others reported success.

    I think that you have to remove your foot from the brake swiftly and not on a gradual basis.

    You might have to find a suitable quiet stretch of road, or other such area, i.e. track or airfield, to give it another try.
    I've tried it many times now and it's just not there on the derv. That said, there is that much torque low down in the rev range anyway it's not really required.
    '07 Audi TT 2.0 TFSI in Audi Exclusive Lava Grey
    '07 Daihatsu Copen 1.3

  24. #23
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    147
    Not my lousy photography skills... it's the Autumn light honest! Pics...





  25. #24
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by PJLarge
    I've tried it many times now and it's just not there on the derv. That said, there is that much torque low down in the rev range anyway it's not really required.
    Oh well.........it is more of a gimmick anyway.

    I'm not gonna lose any sleep over the lack of LC.
    Audi TT coupe 3.2 quattro S-tronic - quattro GmbH 19" RS4 style alloy wheels - Silver metallic - Magma red leather - Audi Magnetic Ride - Symphony II - Multi-function Steering Wheel - xenon plus headlights


  26. #25
    Spook's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by vagman
    Oh well.........it is more of a gimmick anyway.

    I'm not gonna lose any sleep over the lack of LC.
    I agree, I tried it on the 3.2 and I thought it was crap.

    When you release the brake pedal with ESP off and the recommended revs dialled-in, there is a HUGE pause before the car moves - at least half a second, possibly more.

    If an F1 car had this system, and waited until all the red lights went out to drop the hammer, it would be overtaken by all the cars behind it on the grid.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO