S-Line interior

Vertigo1

Reaction score
This is weird.

Got a 3Dr S-Line loaner today whilst mine is in the shop, only got 300 miles on it. Strangely, although it's an S-Line on the outside, it appears to be more like a Sport on the inside.

Every other S-Line I've driven has the S-Line badge on the steering wheel at the bottom and has the contrasting stitching in the leather. The wheel on this one only has red stitching and no logo. Also, the price list PDF says it should have a perforated leather gearknob whilst this one has solid leather. Finally, the pictures in the price list PDF have the S-Line logo embossed into the seat backs, which this car also doesn't have. One thing it does have, however, is black headlining.

Can I ask any S-Line owners, particularly new ones, how their interiors are specced with regard to the above issues? I'm baffled by this car and plan to query it with the dealer when I return it later today.

My S-Line has S-Line on the steering wheel with the contrasting red stitching and S-Line embossed on the seats

Interesting, just as the price list specifies. Presume it has the perforated gearknob too?

Will deffo query this with the dealer later. Puzzled as to exactly what this car is.

Re: the seats. Over on TS I know there's been some discussion in the past about the S-Line Special Edition. Some cars came with the logo on the seats, some came without. In fact I was told by my dealer that mine would not come with the logo but when it turned up it, guess what? :)

The perforated gear knob is a no cost extra i think... i.e. it's possible to have a normal leather gear knob if you prefer.

Interesting regards the seat logo on the SE although this one is a diesel and thus not a Special Edition.

The price list has nothing about the gearknob being an option. The section on the S-Line clearly states it has a perforated leather gearknob.

Will report back what the dealer says about it. Maybe they got the build totally wrong and this is why it's now a service loaner. Must admit it's a bit weird having an S-Line as a loaner, you'd think they'd use fairly basic models for this task.

The S-Line I test drove (about 1k miles on the clock) had the part leather seats with logo, steering wheel with logo, and the aluminium trim and black headlining.

Did it have full leather or part leather per standard S-line spec? The full leather seats don't have the logo I think. Maybe the gearknob and wheel are different because of this?

Otherwise, haven't got a clue why as all Sline seats since the grille update on the 3dr have had the logo (or should have done) as per the Sportback.

I can con irm that my October 2006 build S-Line Sportback sports the aforementioned S-Line features.:hubbahubba:

Vagman - off topic but that picture of your sportback is growing on me with those wheels. They really seem to suit the car in your sig pic.

J.

Well the dealer was as surprised as I was and said they'd never noticed it but when I detailed the missing features they agreed they should be there.

If by any chance mine turns up without the correct wheel and gearknob then they can damn-well replace them :) The seat logos are a bit more difficult as they're not specifically mentioned in the price list PDF, only indirectly via the pictures. I wonder if it is a case of the full leather seats not having the logos? Has anyone here got a full leather one with them?

3 weeks 'till mine turns up - I've spec'ed the Vienna leather. I'll let you know when the day finally arrives.... I'm not usually impatient, but i'm starting to get that way after 6 weeks of waiting!

my 2005 has steering wheel badge, perforated steering wheel and gearknob, black roof lining but no s-line emblem on the piano seats. hope this helps??

Vertigo1 said:
Well the dealer was as surprised as I was and said they'd never noticed it but when I detailed the missing features they agreed they should be there.

If by any chance mine turns up without the correct wheel and gearknob then they can damn-well replace them :) The seat logos are a bit more difficult as they're not specifically mentioned in the price list PDF, only indirectly via the pictures. I wonder if it is a case of the full leather seats not having the logos? Has anyone here got a full leather one with them?

The first S-line SEs had a mix and match if you got one with the "S-Line" embosing on the full leather seats. Mine and some others came without it but others who took delivery after had the embosed seats with full leather. I dont think there has ever been an issue with the S-line part leather seat and it has always been embosed.

Interesting. Although this wasn't a Special Edition it did have full leather so that goes some way to explaining the lack of the logo but the steering wheel and gearknob are really weird.

The steering wheel didn't have the contrasting stitching either, just red which, coincidentally, was the colour of the seat centre sections - wonder if there's a connection here.

One other thing that really surprised me was the car had BOSE with the Symphony II head unit and it sounded really "echoey" compared to the BOSE (Concert II) in mine. I'm wondering if this had anything to do with the full leather as there's obviously less cloth to absorb the sound, possibly making for a more echoey environment?

One thing I did notice was the speed-related volume thing which can't be disabled on the Symphony. I can control it on my Concert and find it works quite well but have seen loads of Symphony users moaning about it and how it can't be turned off, well now I know why, it was ****** awful! The jump in volume between stationary and 10mph was amazing and annoyed the hell out of me. I'd be complaining to the dealer about this if it was my car, virtually intolerable.

I think it’s because it’s the 'Audi Exclusive' leather Fine Napa interior.

I have that and I don’t have no logo on the seats of steering wheel and the gear knob isn't perforated.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Was just about to say the same - that it probably has the "exclusive" option if it has red inner seats. Seats, gearknob and wheel will be part of a package I reckon, so probably not a **** up after all.

Mine has perforated gearknob and steering wheel with badge but no embossing on the seats. I think this was initially a sportback s-line thing as the demonstrator I drove was an S-line sportback and has the logo on the seats. Not sure if this is now standard.

YES, been looking into buying and at the "exclusive leather".:drool:
You def get the red leather inners, red stitching on steering wheel and round gaiter, red stitching round mat edges and exclusive door panels (black with exclusive badges on) No S-Line badges on wheel or seats though because they are generic exclusive wheel, gaiter and seats for exclusive kit set which can be fitted in the Sport as well. One in my local dealer with same silver as A3_3.2_S-Line's car which was as you described (but funnily enough silver instead of red)

That's definitely what it was then as the wheel had red stitching only and there was red piping round the floor mats.

On the subject of mats, anyone know how much a dealer would charge for rear ones? Neglected to add them to my spec :(

Well mine's a Sept 04 with the standard S-Line half leather/cloth seats and it doesn't have any logos on the seats.
Steering wheel's perforated with S-Line logo, but its the old style three-spoke DSG paddle wheel with no contrasting stitching.

alfiejts said:
Well mine's a Sept 04 with the standard S-Line half leather/cloth seats and it doesn't have any logos on the seats.
Steering wheel's perforated with S-Line logo, but its the old style three-spoke DSG paddle wheel with no contrasting stitching.

My original Sept 04 sline 3dr didn't have the logo on the seats but also had a fully perforated wheel at the time. This was the standard Sline spec at the time. The embossing of the logo on the seats started with the Sportback and was then introduced to the 3dr when it had its goatee grille attached.

Vertigo1 said:
Has anyone here got a full leather one with them?

My Sline special edition has full leather seats with the logo on both seats, it also has the perforated gear knob, Sline steering wheel with badge, ali trim and black headlining.

I just got my 2.0 TDI 2004 S-Line from Germany and it does not have s-line logo on steering wheel or the seats, but has on the outside.

I think it is the first s-line 2003-2004 which didn't have the extra details.

Vertigo1 said:
That's definitely what it was then as the wheel had red stitching only and there was red piping round the floor mats.

On the subject of mats, anyone know how much a dealer would charge for rear ones? Neglected to add them to my spec :(

i was £17 for the rear cloth mats from the stealer a week after buying mine

mjepson said:
I just got my 2.0 TDI 2004 S-Line from Germany and it does not have s-line logo on steering wheel or the seats, but has on the outside.

I think it is the first s-line 2003-2004 which didn't have the extra details.
As mentioned by stratos above, isn't yours the exclusive leather option with the different coloured centre sections? If so then this explains why you don't have the S-Line interior features.

Well these seats are are only partial leather... the white part is not leather. And that is what standard s-line seats are...

Ah right, but the standard S-Line seats are also all-black, not half-white, so yours must be some kind of option.

Standard s line for that year comes with white inserts, speed cloth, but who knows the German spec. they must be different, as are the wheels from the UK spec.

s-line on the s/wheel with perforated leather on it and the gear lever.
Half leather with white inserts (not leather) which are a pain in the backside. Wwould love to get full black leather instead.
Black headlining
No logo on the seats either

Audi describe the inserts as silver... They are definately not white... Mine have stood up to the test of time quite well, unlike the leather, and are still unmarked.