New sport wheels

steve184

Reaction score
Don't suppose anyone found some decent pictures of these yet??? Not sure whether to stick with the original sport wheels (call be stupid but i quite liked these on my old car) and am a bit worried about ordering a car with wheels that i havent eve seen yet - bit dangerous don't you think - could look awful

I've got a new pricelist that the dealer printed in black and white for me but the picture is tiny and not really enough to make a judgement on

I suspect we are not going to start seeing this wheel on cars until january....

What are the wheels like then mate, not seen any pics at all? Presumably 5 spoke?

yeh but much more spindley/thinner spoke than before - you can see a tiny pic of them in the new price list on the audi website but its tiny and you can't easily make a judgement on a pic that small with no ref to how they look on a car

If you download the latest price list there is a bigger picture in the pdf document which should help you make your mind up. IMHO the old wheels look better, but until you see them the car I guess it is difficult to decide.:rolleyes:

Here you go, from the latest price list PDF. Have to say I prefer the original ones.

NewA3SportWheel.jpg

Vertigo1 said:
Here you go, from the latest price list PDF. Have to say I prefer the original ones.

NewA3SportWheel.jpg

Oh dear.....:sob:

Well at least you get a good selection. For no extra charge you can have the original Sport wheels, the new 16-spoke ones from the SE, the 5-arm parabolic, the 5-spoke star or the 9-spoke.

Alternatively you can have the S-Line RS6s for £400 extra.

oh my..........whats going on???..:puke2:

would the 18" s-line wheels still look ok on a sport tho? Won't it look like its on stilts??

S-Line is only 10mm lower than the Sport, less than half an inch which wouldn't make that much difference IMO.

hmmmm tempted to go for the 18" S-lines now...... damn more money!!!! worried about spoiling a £27k car tho!! gotta be right at that money!

steve184 said:
hmmmm tempted to go for the 18" S-lines now...... damn more money!!!! worried about spoiling a £27k car tho!! gotta be right at that money!

Yep..........horrible wheels can really spoil a car and consequently your enjoyment of it.

well think everyone is in agreement that the new sport wheels are not very good! so two options are have original sport wheels or pay extra 400 and get s-line 18's