Bluefin/ Superchips

d3fy

Reaction score
Website
d3fy.co.uk
I'm really considering going for superchips perhaps in the new year, I emailed them regards Bluefin on the 2.0T Petrol and got this,

Dear

Thank you for your interest in Superchips.

Bluefin is under continuous development and new models added frequently , these can be viewed on www.mybluefin.co.uk and www.superchips.co.uk , no timescales presently available for release.

Blah, Blah, Blah - So no dates and they are not saying if or when they will release for the 2.0T VAG engine.

They also sent me a PDF of the review from Audi Driver magazine, if you have not seen it you can find it Here

What do you guys thinks to Superchips, anything I really need to know?

i think i would consider them if i went down that route again,there's just so much to choose from when it comes to remaps though,their prices are reasonable too,my oettinger remap was £699,im not paying that again thats for sure.

Does anyone know where the 170 can be chipped??

:racer::sos:

Superchips had a bad reputation years ago but seems to have sorted it self out in the last 3 years or so.

I know there are a lot of happy customers over on uk-mkivs.net s it might be worth having a search on there.

J.

marriedblonde said:
Superchips had a bad reputation years ago but seems to have sorted it self out in the last 3 years or so.

I know there are a lot of happy customers over on uk-mkivs.net s it might be worth having a search on there.

J.

AMD have always produced the goods as well, might we worth a look as well.:yum:

Both my Golf and Focus have been chipped using Bluefin, and my next car, if it turns out to be an Audi will also chipped by Superchips, there are others but for me Superchips service is second to none.

Anyone know how the members discount would work? I'm sure I read they offer 10% off for uk-mkivs.net members?

I've checked out the website and read other posts and reviews....has anyone actually used the Bluefin yet? Are the improvements really as advertised?
Failing that...Has anyone had a Superchips remap done by a garage on A3 2.0 tdi and lived with it long term......Good/bad points?

My golf TD ha had the bluefin treatment and so far there haven't been any issues, i've covered 6k since the map. On my previous car a Focus TDCi that was also bluefinned and that ran without fault for 43k. There is a write up on the 170ps engine with bluefin (213bhp) in this months diesel car. There is also a 2 page read about the 170 A3 sportback and some more on the 170 Octavia VrS

had one of my VAG cars superchipped once, never again, thought it was a load of crap, had revo in the past and was really impressed with that. Been out in my mates Custom Code A3 TDI and was very very impressed with that, so for me custom code gets the thumbs up.

Hi,
I've had my A3 2.0tdi 140 remapped by superchips (186bhp - 301ft/lb) and running for 18 months now with no problems what so ever. Performance is transformed enough to really scare golf gti's, and MPG is improved over standard tune, no regrets!!

I have used AMD in the past with the custom remap and was also pleased, but I really do not think the custom map is worth the extra cash. £695+vat with AMD and my superchips cost £450 all in. I know which one I will go to when I get my new car.

Superchips have also just emailed me the remap for the 170 tdi, it's very impressive revving well above 4000rpm . Check out the website.

danjones what do you mean they just emailed you the remap for 170tdi??? they don't just give you free upgrades surely? how you gonna get an electronic on your car surely you have to take it to a superchips dealer

Sorry, I meant the emailed me the pdf of the power curves as I'd enquired about it.
God I'd love it if they could do that with tunes. But saying that. when had mine done the tune was emailed from superchips head office to a laptop and downloaded to my car via a interface.

did you have to visit them to get this done or did you do it yoursefl?? What do you do when it comes to servicing the car - remove the remap???

I had the remap done at superchips HQ they loaded it on via their interface, mine is not the bluefin but a fixed remap. I've had my car serviced with my Audi dealer and they haven't said or noticed a thing and are happy to deal with me.

The only way they could tell any difference is if they drive the car, their diagnostic tools have no way of reading the engine tune yet alone identifying the difference within hex file.

I can't understand how you people get your car remapped and then get better economy...

Mine went down after the remap by approx 10%

I cannot comment on your personnel experience of remapping and fuel economy, but the principle behind it is to make the engine run more efficiently, as all standard ECU tunes have to meet many regulations e.g. Emissions, noise levels, fuel economy at 56mph therefore the standard tunes are compromised. A remap to the ECU gives the engine a more efficient setup by not having to adhere to these regulations so strictly. Then when driven steadily will improve consumption. I have had 3 cars done both petrol and diesel, and have found this to be the case. Maybe you’ve just enjoyed the extra power too much !!!: )

I've had mine chipped with superchips at their head office and the service you get is second to none.
Higly recomended

Just taken a look at http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/ and it looks like they are now doing the bluefin for the 2.0T, its listed under TT engines. As soon as I have confirmation that its fine for the A3, I think I will purchase!

Cheers Curley that could just save me £100, can't attend as I will be in NYC, but have asked if I can get the bluefin through the deal

Definately consider REVO mate

This bluefin looks quite interesting. I live in Norway... Does superchips offer international shipping (yes i have emailed them, no answer yet)?

remap + switch = £595

Going to buckingham superchips tomorrow to check out bluefin for 2.0T

I'll let you know how I got on :thrashi:

I had a demo at the MPH show. 2 minutes to install and uninstall and then only £100 to get it unlocked for your next car!

RobinA3 said:
that bluefin thing looks good with the switchable calibration.

i think i will go for this and add myself to the list!!!

be nice to see the superchips place as well!

Going to be a few A3's there then.. Im going down on the Friday 2nd Feb and staying over. Beddie's going on the Sat because of work.
If you sign up to the forum the group buy price is running from now til the open day.

curley said:
Going to be a few A3's there then.. Im going down on the Friday 2nd Feb and staying over. Beddie's going on the Sat because of work.
If you sign up to the forum the group buy price is running from now til the open day.

i'll be going down on the saturday

Beddie wanna drive down together seeing as you live only a few miles from me?

Fantastic service and no problems with last 4 cars. Smooth progressive power and I have experienced a slight drop in mpg by about 2 mpg but this is probably due to a heavy right foot.

Feb 2nd and 3rd there is an open day at Bucks with good discounts, go along you will be impressed by the HQ and the staff.

Got it today. Took an hour and a half cos they haven't fitted one to an A3 before and wanted to test it fully.

The drive back left me sat behind a bus most of the way so I couldn't really put it through its paces. I can definately feel it's more responsive though! There's more of a push from 1500-3000rpm. At 50mph in 6th just a touch on the right pedal and you get a nice little surge forwards. On the non stop roundabout-straight-roundabouts through Milton Keynes I kept having to break hard at the ends cos I hadn't realised how fast I was going!

I asked about new cars and he said if you change your car within a year they'll do it for cheap. Never actually said costs but I said I'd heard £100 and he didn't disagree. After the year you get about a third off your next purchase. They don't use the same handset for different cars though as I had been told at the MPH show.

I'm sure you all won't regret it guys! :blackrs4:

i have put my name down for the remap for the 3rd of Feb so its something to look forward to!!

i swore when i bought the car that i would leave it standard and alone but the bug is still there! bring on the 250ish bhp!

I had my A3 TDI (8L chassis) done at superchips HQ - no regrets whatsoever :)