Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Specification across the A3 range

I have just noticed an item on the http://car.kak.net/ website about some changes to the specification for the A3 range for 2007.

NEW SPECIFICATION ACROSS A3 RANGE

- Enhancements to standard, SE, Sport and S line models
    - Eyecatching new colour schemes for new 265PS S3

The perennially popular Audi A3 range - which numbers 27 models priced from 14,995 to 26,975 - moves into 2007 with the benefit of specification enhancements at every level.

Standard versions have been upgraded to include a Chorus radio with single CD player, SE models move up from a 16-inch alloy wheel to a new 17-inch 16-spoke design and Sport specification now includes a change to a 17-inch 5-spoke wheel.

In the cabin, S line models, originally fitted with leather and fabric combination upholstered sports seats, will now benefit from full Vienna leather trim.

At the head of the range, the new 265PS S3 quattro gains a variety of vivid new colour schemes, including Sprint Blue, Imola Yellow and the pictured Solar Orange, which are available at an extra cost of 485.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    No doubt the prices will go up accordingly (+ a small %)!

4th Gear

Status
    2 dealers told me today that as of the 10th November 2006 the price of the sline will go UP £485, BUT you now get FULL leather instead of part.

6th Gear

Status
    Not too surprised at the addition of full leather to the S-Line, it should really have had it to start with as it's the top trim level. Paying £3500 for Sport+S-Line and still not getting leather as standard was always a bit tight.

Not really miffed that I'll be missing out on it on the new car. I've always found leather looks good but I don't like sitting on it. Too hot in summer and too cold in winter so you have to spec heated seats too to deal with the latter and just lump the former.

Then again I've never found leather particularly comfortable to sit on. I don't like leather sofas either.

4th Gear

Status
    its swings and roundabouts with leather. i personally love leather (SEATS!!) and allways a good feature to have when coming to sell a car. but your right, audi have been very tight in not offering full leather to start with ages ago. i told me mate this arvo what audi have now done specing it up with full leather and hes majorly peed off with audi.

6th Gear

Status
    Depending on what else has changed I'd imagine there will be quite a few people who've bought cars recently who'll be rather annoyed.

I wonder what else has changed

4th Gear

Status
    i will hopefuly find out more tomorrow as im about to place an order, IF i can get the right price.

5th Gear

Status
    So when will be able to get the specifics of these changes??? I am just about to order an A3 for March 07 delivery and am not very intrigued as to what the new Sport wheels are (and why they change SE to 17's why couldn't they change the sport to 18's??? - Sline could have 19's then!)

Steve

6th Gear

Status
    19s won't fit on the A3, that's why they couldn't offer the standard RS4s on the S3.

They're obviously upping the SE to 17s as 16s are now the norm on most cars.

5th Gear

Status
    still doesn't seem fair - SE gets an actual upgrade - sport gets a 'sidegrade'

6th Gear

Status
    Seems reasonable to me, they're just bringing the SE wheel size in line with the Sport and each option costs the same £2000

5th Gear

Status
    except if prices go up it will be across the board! not just for SE's

1st Gear

Status
    some blindspot mirrors would be more useful.

i remember the s-line 140 dsg in early 2004 was priced under 22k , so what exactly are we getting extra for nearly a 2k increase ?
    A3-SLINE 2.0 TDI DSG , phantom black,full leather, cruise control, heated seats, RNS-E audi navigation, bose, auto dipping wing mirrors, interior light pack, auto rain sensors and dipping mirror.

6th Gear

Status
    A grand of is accounted for by inflation.

1st Gear

Status
    funny how the golf, leon , octavia has not increased
    A3-SLINE 2.0 TDI DSG , phantom black,full leather, cruise control, heated seats, RNS-E audi navigation, bose, auto dipping wing mirrors, interior light pack, auto rain sensors and dipping mirror.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3guy
    funny how the golf, leon , octavia has not increased
    doesnt matter, Audi is still prizing a lot of VW owners into the audi fold, take a look on ukmkivs.net and see how many ppl are chopping in their dubs for audis now. LOTS!!! me included.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr
    ..... In the cabin, S line models, originally fitted with leather and fabric combination upholstered sports seats, will now benefit from full Vienna leather trim....
    Although the S-Line special edition has always had full Vienna leather.

6th Gear

Status
    The website.
    car.kak

Oh the irony.... ;-))
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mfspen
    Although the S-Line special edition has always had full Vienna leather.
    Wonder if the Special Edition pricing/spec will be altered to reflect these changes...

6th Gear

Status
    I'd imagine the Special Edition will be dropped.

6th Gear

Status
    Doesn't chucking 'free' stuff at a car usually suggest there's a new one coming....?
    Some of these changes seem to be more than just 'evolution' of the range.

Gonad

Status
    Bowfer may be right.

They seem to be chucking a lot of stuff at A4's now too. Different upgrade Packs, Bose etc. That is definitely being replaced next year.

God I would be pissed off If I was getting a new S3 and a completely new model came out next year.

6th Gear

Status
    The A4 is at least 18 months older than the A3. If the A4 is being replaced next year then the A3 won't be replaced until 2008/9 at the earliest.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    The A4 is at least 18 months older than the A3. If the A4 is being replaced next year then the A3 won't be replaced until 2008/9 at the earliest.
    That can't be right,can it ?
    I remember looking at new shape A4's around the end of 04,when the sportback was announced.
    The 3 door A3 had been around before that though.
    So the 3 door A3 must be older than the new shape A4 ????

Gonad

Status
    Are you sure of that?

3rd Gear

Status
    Just checked on Parker's site :-

A3 8P 2003 onwards
    A3 8P SB 2004 onwards

A4 B6 2000 - 2004
    A4 B7 2004 onwards

So that would be consistent with new A4 in 2007, but no new A3 until 2009

6th Gear

Status
    That's what I thought.
    The sportback and current A4 came out at the same time (end of 04)
    The 3 door A3 was around a year before.

The first 8P 3 doors must be due MOT's soon.
    We've got an Fsi one here that is 3 years old in February.

6th Gear

Status
    The first 8P A3s were on 03 plates so they're now around 3.5 years old max.

Yes the Sportback and B7 A4 came out around the same time but this was part of the facelift strategy to give the cars the new grille. The 3-door A3 got it shortly afterward. Facelifting a car is nothing like producing a new model and so the dates of the facelift aren't really relevant to model replacement.

I read a while back that there were a raft of new models due in 2009, including the A5 but I can't remember whether the A3 replacement was mentioned amongst them. Can't see it being replaced before 2008 at the absolute earliest.

1st Gear

Status
    My dealer told me that the A4 replacement was scheduled for 2008 but then again they're sometimes last to know.

Status
    Seems reasonable to me, they're just bringing the SE wheel size in line with the Sport and each option costs the same 2000
    Glad I got mine upgraded to 17" then! Wonder if the SE gets front fogs as standard as well?
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    That can't be right,can it ?
    I remember looking at new shape A4's around the end of 04,when the sportback was announced.
    The 3 door A3 had been around before that though.
    So the 3 door A3 must be older than the new shape A4 ????

Is it not that the B7 A4 is considered as a facelift/revised version of the B6 but not a new model. Thus a new model A4 next year would be consistent with Audi's 7-8 year model life cycle. Therefore although the 8P A3 predates the B7 A4, the A4 model is due for replacement 1st
    A3 Sportback 3.2Q S-line, DSG, Ebony Black - now gone & replaced by Touareg V10 TDI

Reverse Gear

Status
    Does anyone know what build week this applies too?

My S line is due to be built in week 1/2 and was wondering if I will get the full leather.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwing289
    Is it not that the B7 A4 is considered as a facelift/revised version of the B6 but not a new model. Thus a new model A4 next year would be consistent with Audi's 7-8 year model life cycle. Therefore although the 8P A3 predates the B7 A4, the A4 model is due for replacement 1st
    I thought the B7 A4 was more than a facelifted B6 ?
    I seem to remember Audi making a fuss about how many changes had been made,despite the outwardly similar appearance.
    Could just have been marketing bullcrap though.

6th Gear

Status
    Dunno for sure. They may have tweaked a load of minor bits and pieces but fundamentally it's the same car (with the same crap interior)

6th Gear

Status
    Ok well there's an updated price list PDF available on the Audi website. From what I can tell these are the differences:

• SE now includes 17" 16-spoke wheels (which are now a no-cost option on the Sport)
    • S-Line now costs 1800 rather than 1550 but includes full Vienna leather
    • The S-Line Special Edition has gone
    • The 2.0TFSI, 3.2 and 2.0TDI (both 140 & 170) have gone up in price by 235
    • Wheel prices have changed quite a bit, most notably the the S-Line 18" RS6s are now only 700 on the SE (previously 1400) and 400 on the Sport (previously 1000)!
    • BOSE has gone up 85
    • CD-based navigation on the S3 has dropped from 1400 to 750
    • New "Sun band for windscreen" option added at 55 across the range
    • New "Black styling package" option added at 300 across the range

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    Well, I'm glad I ordered when I did then, as I'd prefer the half-leather to the full leather (I've never liked leather seats in cars ) so wouldn't have wanted to pay the extra that you now have to pay. The only thing that would have been nice would have been the 'sun band' option, though I'm not sure I would have bothered with that anyway. Ah well, I'm still happy :D If mine does turn up and happens to have full leather I doubt I'll complain though Which reminds me, I need to e-mail the dealer and see if my order has been allocated a build date yet.

6th Gear

Status
    I'm the same with leather. It looks the best and is easy to clean but that's it. Cloth is more comfortable to sit on and doesn't get stupidly hot/cold in summer/winter.

If I were to now order the same car I ordered in September I'd end up paying another £235 for the 2.0TDI, £85 for BOSE and £250 for S-Line so I'd be paying an extra £570 and getting nothing but the full leather seats for it. I'm happy I ordered when I did.

5th Gear

Status
    balls!!!

It also seems there are now 7 17" and 2 18" wheel options and all are available on both the SE and Sport. The costs vary from 'no charge' to 900.
    The 16 spoke design looks nice but will be a devil to clean. There is also a 5-arm Parabolic design similar to those fitted to the original TTs.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steve184
    balls!!!
    Wossup Steve?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast