Buying a A3 Sline TDI soon. Few questions...

Mikey

Reaction score
Ive finally sold my MK4 Golf so i have the funds for the car ive wanted for months now, a brand new A3 140BHP SLINE TDI. My freind has one and its truly awesome. He's just had it custom code tuned and it goes like stink!!!

Now, im toying with the idea of maybe going for the quattro. Ive never had 4WD before and idea appeals to me, BUT, is it really worth it? And how much extra is the quattro over the standard FWD? Best price ive had so far is from Chester Audi for £20500 OTR inc met paint for a non quattro sline.

Shop around and call all the dealers mate some will deal some won't. If you don't mind it coming from an outside area dealer drop me a PM and I will give you a contact email for a main dealer that did mine at 10% of list. I bought this time last year. To answer the question on Quattro, only way is to test drive both mate and see what you think

I sold my mk4 golf for a sline tdi
Your love it

Go to somewhere like www.drivethedeal.com and get a price for the model you want. Take it to a couple of local dealers and see what they say. I've just ordered a A3 2.0 TDI S-Line DSG, and my local dealer near enough matched the online prices, knocking 10% off the list price, without even questioning it or trying to haggle to get me to accept less of a discount.

Ask the dealer about 2.0tdi oil consumption..
See if the twit lies.

;-)

Quattro may be worth it if you're going for a TDI and are thinking of tuning it like your mate has. The car will be much faster with AWD because it'll get all that torque down, especially in the wet!